The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products


    need pas 3 bottom plate

    Share
    avatar
    mark four

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2011-08-12
    Age : 62
    Location : philadelphia , home of dynaco

    need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by mark four on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:52 pm

    i have a pas 3 that needs a bottom cover . if anybody has one they will part with let me know how much you want for it . i have been looking on ebay for a while but they do seem to come up. just thought i would try in here . thanks
    avatar
    Luddite

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2009-02-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Texas

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Luddite on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am

    mark four wrote:i have a pas 3 that needs a bottom cover . if anybody has one they will part with let me know how much you want for it . i have been looking on ebay for a while but they do seem to come up. just thought i would try in here . thanks

    Check with Kevin at (Dynakitparts@aol.com). He anticipates having his (dimensionally accurate) reproduction PAS chassis' available for shipment within a couple of weeks. He might be able to sell you just a bottom cover. Tell him I referred you (Charlie from Texas).

    Best Regards,
    Charlie
    avatar
    mark four

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2011-08-12
    Age : 62
    Location : philadelphia , home of dynaco

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by mark four on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

    charlie , first of all i gotta say your faceplates are great . what are they made from . oak or pine or what. they are really unique and original . secondly thanks for the info . i will def follow up on your lead . with all the dynaco parts and upgrades around that is one of the few things you cannot get. a few times ebay had rusted out chassis hulks on auction , but some joker always sniped me at the end . thanks again , pete
    avatar
    Luddite

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2009-02-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Texas

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Luddite on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:24 pm

    mark four wrote:charlie , first of all i gotta say your faceplates are great . what are they made from . oak or pine or what. they are really unique and original . secondly thanks for the info . i will def follow up on your lead . with all the dynaco parts and upgrades around that is one of the few things you cannot get. a few times ebay had rusted out chassis hulks on auction , but some joker always sniped me at the end . thanks again , pete

    Thanks Pete,

    They are made from 3/16" birch veneer plywood stained red oak and sprayed with satin polyurethane. The "Dynakit" logo was applied with a woodburning iron using gold transfer paper. The final finish was Johnson's paste wax.

    Best Regards,
    Charlie
    avatar
    Bob Latino
    Admin

    Posts : 2580
    Join date : 2008-11-26
    Location : Massachusetts

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Bob Latino on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 pm

    Charlie,

    Those wood cases for your PAS and the FM-3 tuner look really nice. Could you post a larger photo of both wood cases on the forum here or maybe post a link where larger photos of the two cases may be found ?

    Nice work ..

    Bob
    avatar
    Luddite

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2009-02-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Texas

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Luddite on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 pm

    Bob Latino wrote:Charlie,

    Those wood cases for your PAS and the FM-3 tuner look really nice. Could you post a larger photo of both wood cases on the forum here or maybe post a link where larger photos of the two cases may be found ?

    Nice work ..

    Bob

    Thanks Bob! here's a link to a larger photo on Photobucket: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

    I'll be re-using this wood PAS faceplate when I build my new version with the TCLA and phono boards I purchased from Roy (with four additional tone control knobs of course). Hopefully soon, as Kevin at Dynakit Parts promises the new chassis is imminent.

    Best Regards,
    Charlie
    avatar
    DynakitParts
    Admin

    Posts : 187
    Join date : 2008-11-30

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by DynakitParts on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 am


    Mark Four,
    We will have replacement PAS top & bottom covers available by Thanksgiving
    weekend. I have not decided if we will be listing the bottom covers on our website
    at this time, but I will have these...Email me next weekend at which time I will have a
    price worked out for these separate chassis parts.

    Kevin @ Dynakit

    avatar
    Sal

    Posts : 221
    Join date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Central New Jersey Dynaco-ST70.com

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Sal on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 pm

    I must say to those who are looking to buy a PAS chassis, today I saw the new PAS chassis at Dynakit, Kevin did an absolutely amazing job recreating the PAS chassis, top and bottom cover. The face plates are nice looking too. A lot of work went into the PAS and you will not be disappointed.

    Sal

    Sponsored content

    Re: need pas 3 bottom plate

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:46 am