The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Yellow jacket converters

pscottlowe

Yellow jacket converters Empty Yellow jacket converters

Post by pscottlowe Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:17 pm

what do you think about using yellow jacket "converters" to use an EL-84 in place of the EL-34's ? they also self bias. Has anyone out there used this product?
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Yellow jacket converters Empty Re: Yellow jacket converters

Post by Roy Mottram Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:33 pm

I've never used them, at $60 apiece I think I'd rather use Genelex KT66 tubes and have twice the power,
    but tons of people do use them, especially for guitar amps, it will be interesting to hear what someone who uses them has to say . . . .
    kevco
    kevco

Post by kevco Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:25 am

http://www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4218
    Save your money and recap an old purpose built EL84 amp. If the Dynaco ST35 falls outside your budget, there are plenty of Magnavoxs out there to be had cheap and they have killer potential...My Fisher SA-16 only cost me $340 and it's a very musical amp. The cost of 4 Yellowjackets would be something like $236 plus a quad of EL84's...That's easily $300!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 pm