I've been working on it off and on for a few months.
As you can see I have made a few changes from the original
design. I replaced the 4 small caps on the driver board with
2 larger MUNDORF M-LYTIC 100-100 uf.caps,under the board I
replaced the onboard rectifier with a FAIRCHILD TO-220
high speed soft recovery rectifier I also replaced the
2,onboard 100uf.-100v caps with 2, BLACK GATE 100uf.-100v.
I had to move a few parts under the amp. The the quad cap and
the new WEBER solid state rectifier are now laying down.
I had to move the power swich and the fuse to get these to
fit. You can also see that I placed 2,ALPS BLACK-BEAUTY pots
where the 2,bias controls were this is the only place I
could fit them ,from the top you can see that I have to
reach to turn the volume knobs. Most of the board wiring
is done using KIMBER 19ga. solid core silver wire,the front
inputs are also KIMBER,I had to file some of the edges off to
get these to fit. Things under the hood got a little cramped
but I think I did a good job at wire management and as neet as
I could get it. I would say that this was quite an undertaking
for myself and quite a suprise when I turned it on and all the
tubes lit up. I almost forgot to mention the AMP sounds great.
This AMP is using the high gain driver board with a compliment
of 3 JAN PHILIPS 12AT7WC high gain tubes. My ALPS POTS will be
used as a passive PRE-AMP.
Last edited by willieher on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 6 times in total