The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

FM-3 Part(PC-7)

denny9167
    denny9167

FM-3 Part(PC-7) Empty FM-3 Part(PC-7)

Post by denny9167 Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:45 pm

I was curious of a part repalcment for C8 on PC-7,I've used the GAA10006 air dielectric cap but the price for this part has substantually increased in price,but found this one surplus,at a very good price.

Compression Trimmer Cap Part# TA10
    baddog1946
    baddog1946

FM-3 Part(PC-7) Empty Re: FM-3 Part(PC-7)

Post by baddog1946 Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Chauncey Epperson has them for $3.95 last I heard at the FM-3 zone.
    baddog1946
    baddog1946

Post by baddog1946 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Denny:
    I finally had a chance to look at your board schematic. With all the switch possibilities available I think you have it dialed in. You can do the alignment exactly as described in the manual.
    I like it so much I want to try one. How much are the boards or should I say do you have a set of the boards I could buy?
    I have a tuner that is still partially unassembled I can play with.
    It was going to be a test bed to compare with the one piece motherboard tuner I have.
    You should send this idea to Chauncey Epperson who designed the one piece motherboard it would be the final "piece de la resistance" for that unit. It still uses an add on wire and the external switches system.
    This would be an elegant way to eliminate that and further simplify the alignment procedure. Although you still have to remove the top to do it, it is not that inconvenient. Keep your ideas coming. You have a good take on these tuners.
    denny9167
    denny9167

Post by denny9167 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am

baddog1946 wrote:Hi Denny:
    I finally had a chance to look at your board schematic. With all the switch possibilities available I think you have it dialed in. You can do the alignment exactly as described in the manual.
    I like it so much I want to try one. How much are the boards or should I say do you have a set of the boards I could buy?
    I have a tuner that is still partially unassembled I can play with.
    It was going to be a test bed to compare with the one piece motherboard tuner I have.
    You should send this idea to Chauncey Epperson who designed the one piece motherboard it would be the final "piece de la resistance" for that unit. It still uses an add on wire and the external switches system.
    This would be an elegant way to eliminate that and further simplify the alignment procedure. Although you still have to remove the top to do it, it is not that inconvenient. Keep your ideas coming. You have a good take on these tuners.

Thanks, Im currently out of boards but will probably put in an order this week some time. The boards run $175.00 for 4 boards w/ silkscreen and solder mask, and $126.00 for 4 without. You still have plated through-holes,and traces.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:21 am