The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

ST70 cage screws

KCGuy33

ST70 cage screws Empty ST70 cage screws

Post by KCGuy33 Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, very cool to find this resource. I have a ST-70, but it's missing the cage screws. Does anyone know what size I would need for these? I don't know if they would be readily available at a hardware store or something like that...

Thanks!!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

ST70 cage screws Empty Re: ST70 cage screws

Post by Bob Latino Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi,

Those are #6 screws and they should be available at any hardware store. I believe that on all the older ST-70 they were self tapping sheet metal screws and not machine screws ..

Bob
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Bob Latino wrote:Hi,

Those are #6 screws and they should be available at any hardware store. I believe that on all the older ST-70 they were self tapping sheet metal screws and not machine screws ..

Bob

I believe Bob is quite correct. As for myself, having a peculiar aversion to sharp pointed screws poking inside of a high voltage chassis, I retapped the holes and used stainless steel #8-32 x 1/2", pan-head machine screws instead. Just an option to consider if you have a tap wrench available.

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I use #6 1/4" long screws when needed on a ST-70 or other models of Dynaco amps/preamps.

Sal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am