The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Custom ST-70 driver board cover

Feistygoat

Custom ST-70 driver board cover Empty Custom ST-70 driver board cover

Post by Feistygoat Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:10 pm

greetings all,

here is a custom cover i made for my Val Alstine driver board. Being that the Super 70 Van Alstine driver board is a different shape than the original driver board, i had no choice but to either mod the factory one, or make my own. I was able to pick up a FM-3 cage which i pirated the screen from, then painted a hammered brown. Still toying with permanently gluing down the dynakit logo plate to it. Opinions?

enjoy your tunes everyone!

Custom ST-70 driver board cover Photo
    Custom ST-70 driver board cover Photo1
    Sprags

Custom ST-70 driver board cover Empty Re: Custom ST-70 driver board cover

Post by Sprags Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:47 pm

I like the driver board cover though personally if the label were smaller i think it would look better and perhaps help it run cooler...but that's just me.
    Donkeyshins
    Donkeyshins

Post by Donkeyshins Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Sprags wrote:I like the driver board cover though personally if the label were smaller i think it would look better and perhaps help it run cooler...but that's just me.

This is the approach I took with my Stereo 70:  I had Front Panel Express mill a cover out of anodized aluminum.  The left bias trim hole is a bit oblong because I screwed up my measurements slightly (forgot the screw was offset in the housing).  However, I think it turned out rather nicely and keeps kids' fingers away from HV. The best part is the price was under $30.

Custom ST-70 driver board cover 11652160206_e2bcb4eea2_c

-D

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

Donkeyshins wrote:
    Sprags wrote:I like the driver board cover though personally if the label were smaller i think it would look better and perhaps help it run cooler...but that's just me.

This is the approach I took with my Stereo 70:  I had Front Panel Express mill a cover out of anodized aluminum.  The left bias trim hole is a bit oblong because I screwed up my measurements slightly (forgot the screw was offset in the housing).  However, I think it turned out rather nicely and keeps kids' fingers away from HV.  The best part is the price was under $30.

-D

nice...been wondering how I could cover that!
    Donkeyshins
    Donkeyshins

Post by Donkeyshins Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:38 pm

MontanaWay wrote:
    Donkeyshins wrote:

This is the approach I took with my Stereo 70:  I had Front Panel Express mill a cover out of anodized aluminum.  The left bias trim hole is a bit oblong because I screwed up my measurements slightly (forgot the screw was offset in the housing).  However, I think it turned out rather nicely and keeps kids' fingers away from HV.  The best part is the price was under $30.

-D

nice...been wondering how I could cover that!

Send me your email address via PM and I'll send you the Front Panel Express file.

-D

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:12 pm

sweet! will PM you my e-mail address.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 pm

MontanaWay wrote:sweet! will PM you my e-mail address.

ooops...being a newby, gotta wait one month!!??!! before I can send e-mail's.....

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Donkeyshins wrote:

-D

which company did you get to fabricate this panel, if you could either 'pm' or reply here, would appreciate it, thank you!
    Donkeyshins
    Donkeyshins

Post by Donkeyshins Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:04 pm

MontanaWay wrote:
    Donkeyshins wrote:

-D

which company did you get to fabricate this panel, if you could either 'pm' or reply here, would appreciate it, thank you!

Front Panel Express (http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/). I sent a PM to you with my email address - when you finally have access, drop me a line and I'll send you the .FPD file.

-D

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:05 pm

thank you, just sent you an e-mail  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am