The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ...

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ... Empty Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ...

Post by Bob Latino Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 pm

I was saddened to hear a few minutes ago of the death of singer Donna Summer from cancer. Donna was a Massachusetts gal who grew up not too far from me in Boston's Dorchester section. I knew someone who went to Burke High School in Dorchester with her. She left Burke High before graduation to pursue a musical career. In 1983, she returned to the Burke to receive her diploma. School officials gave her credit for "life experience and courses in drama, diction and voice" that would count toward her unfulfilled graduation requirements.

Above is a video of Donna singing in 2009 at age 60. Still a strong voice and a good looking lady. Today was, sadly, Donna's "Last Dance" ...

Bob
    1MOR

Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ... Empty Re: Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ...

Post by 1MOR Fri May 18, 2012 5:47 pm

I had cassettes of Ms. Summer that I used to play every day on my way to work in the late 70s. Little did I know, until after her passing, that I live in a subdivision next to where she lived. The local paper reports that she was just one of the folks, who had coffee every morning at a local mom and pop eatery and enjoyed wandering at Costco. RIP Donna!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am