The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Hum/Buzzing Noise

rudes

Hum/Buzzing Noise Empty Hum/Buzzing Noise

Post by rudes Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 am

I just completed restoring one of my MK 3 amps with VTA board and SDS PS. I was making adjustments on the bench and noticed a very slight hum/buzzing noise coming from the speaker. After checking grounds, tubes, etc, I noticed that the noise disappears once an rca plug is inserted into the input jack. Does anyone know if this is normal?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Hum/Buzzing Noise Empty Re: Hum/Buzzing Noise

Post by Bob Latino Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 am

rudes wrote:I just completed restoring one of my MK 3 amps with VTA board and SDS PS. I was making adjustments on the bench and noticed a very slight hum/buzzing noise coming from the speaker. After checking grounds, tubes, etc, I noticed that the noise disappears once an rca plug is inserted into the input jack. Does anyone know if this is normal?

This is normal ... If the RCA input jacks are left open and not terminated with RCA interconnects connected to your preamp on the other end, your Mark III will give you a little hum/buzz through the speakers.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    rudes

Post by rudes Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks Bob!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm