The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Pics of my rebuilt Mark VI's

ricohman

Pics of my rebuilt Mark VI's

Post by ricohman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:58 pm

I have finished the rebuild of my Dynaco Mark VI's. It took me a couple of months part time and waiting for parts, but they are finished.
    I measured every resistor that I removed and nearly all were out of value. The resistors that were supposed to be within 1% were not even within 20%. I found some values of the carbon comps nearly double.
    So I replaced them all, along with every film and electrolytic capacitor and the main b+ capacitors.
    Had a couple of problems when I fired them up (sticky power switch and one shorted power tube) but they are now working fine.
    Before

Nearly done here.

All the parts I removed.

Last edited by ricohman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Maintarget

Re: Pics of my rebuilt Mark VI's

Post by Maintarget on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Nice work looks like your ready for years of enjoyment!

ricohman

Post by ricohman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:07 pm

And in my tube venture I found this Stark 9-66A tube tester. I have used it to measure the gm on the 8417 output tubes in an attempt to get as close as I can to a matched set.

ricohman

Post by ricohman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Maintarget wrote:Nice work looks like your ready for years of enjoyment!

Thanks.
    I bought these as they were the only amps I came across locally. And to tell you the truth I don't know if they are a good match with my Altec 19's. Time will tell but I think a pair of MK III would have been more suitable for my use.
    Lots of reserve power with 102db speakers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:03 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:03 am