The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+13
Tom
quadaptor
nmchiefsfan
Luddite
Windup
hawaii.ken
buchela
anbitet66
ArlanB
bcinnamon
kygeezer
Bob Latino
sailor
17 posters

Trivia question for younger board members.

Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Trivia question for younger board members. - Page 2 Empty Re: Trivia question for younger board members.

Post by Roy Mottram Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am

yeah, it's a prehistoric switched mode power supply! Now you can get them to use 5v or 12v to run a 200v tube preamp.
    terry37932
    terry37932

Trivia question for younger board members. - Page 2 Empty Re: Trivia question for younger board members.

Post by terry37932 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Since we are talking trivia here, who remembers when they used to mount 45rpm record players under the dash? I can remember listening to "Mystic Eye" by the Mysterians.
    hawaii.ken
    hawaii.ken

Post by hawaii.ken Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am

Trivia question for younger board members. - Page 2 Vibrat10
    Trivia question for younger board members. - Page 2 Vibrat11
    Seeing these on fleaBay reminded me of this topic.
    GP49

Post by GP49 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 pm

I know...and once I heard it working, it's a sound I never forgot.
    Windup
    Windup

Post by Windup Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm

That's amazing. I grew up in the sixties and never knew these were available! Maybe I grew up on the other side of the tracks.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fAdIXsXB1Pc/THKuF3FR3MI/AAAAAAAACGM/lg5HsaKPhAk/s1600/vermont+car+show.jpg
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:53 am

I though only the Green Hornet had one of these!

Trivia question for younger board members. - Page 2 98054-record-players-chrysler-car-record-player
    Andy Jersey

Post by Andy Jersey Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I guess i'm on the young side of this. I never saw them in the am radios but my father had a tube cb radio in his pick up so i knew. Until the trivia question i really forgot all about them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 am