The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

VERY RARE: DYNACO Vacuum Tube Preamplifier MVP-100 Preamp - WORKING & NICE!!

Andy Jersey

VERY RARE: DYNACO Vacuum Tube Preamplifier MVP-100 Preamp - WORKING & NICE!!

Post by Andy Jersey on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:39 pm

I was cruising Fleabay when i ran across this. I never heard of or have seen one. Even Google didn't have much. Can anybody shed a little light?

sailor

Re: VERY RARE: DYNACO Vacuum Tube Preamplifier MVP-100 Preamp - WORKING & NICE!!

Post by sailor on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Don't know anything about it but from the pictures it is only a line stage. No phono section.

hawaii.ken

Re: VERY RARE: DYNACO Vacuum Tube Preamplifier MVP-100 Preamp - WORKING & NICE!!

Post by hawaii.ken on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Andy Jersey

Post by Andy Jersey on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

thanks ken, Even in that there wasn't much info or an opinion . How rare is that in a medium like this?

hawaii.ken

Post by hawaii.ken on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Andy Jersey wrote:How rare is that in a medium like this?
    Happens all the time. Especially with limited run items.

Ever hear of Julius Futterman?

Andy Jersey

Post by Andy Jersey on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:40 pm

no

DarthBubba

Post by DarthBubba on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 am

hawaii.ken wrote:
    Andy Jersey wrote:How rare is that in a medium like this?
    Happens all the time. Especially with limited run items.

Ever hear of Julius Futterman?

Yes. A friend owned a pair of his OTL amps.

hawaii.ken

Post by hawaii.ken on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 am

DarthBubba wrote:Yes. A friend owned a pair of his OTL amps.
    Julius Futterman built or an amp built by a 3rd party following his designs?

The point I was trying make to Andy is that limited run items do not generate much of a following hence the lack of "info or an opinion".

DarthBubba

Post by DarthBubba on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 am

hawaii.ken wrote:
    DarthBubba wrote:Yes. A friend owned a pair of his OTL amps.
    Julius Futterman built or an amp built by a 3rd party following his designs?

Hard to say: they were built in the mid-to-late '70s according to the receipt. I believe Julius F. was already involved w/NYAL by then, but I could be mistaken. In any event, I did not personally listen to them until 1983. They were driving Acoustat speakers - not an optimal load. They seemed to do somewhat better w/Magnepans.

hawaii.ken wrote:The point I was trying make to Andy is that limited run items do not generate much of a following hence the lack of "info or an opinion".

Point taken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:16 pm

Current date/time is Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:16 pm