The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+19
DarthBubba
harpy
Blitzen
bigsmall
arledgsc
Sprags
Pillo69
Tom
Windup
Maintarget
dubplatecutter
charlief64
GP49
sKiZo
anbitet66
hawaii.ken
buchela
Rich
Bob Latino
23 posters

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads - Page 4 Empty Re: HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

Post by Bob Latino Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 am

arledgsc wrote:Thank you again Bob....  Good selection today.  The "Fish Cheer"!   It has been many moons since I heard that one but looking forward to it after the download.  

Yeah ... "Gimme an F", "Gimme a U", "Gimme a C" etc.... lol

Bob
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads - Page 4 Empty Re: HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

Post by arledgsc Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Bob,

May I upload some music to your Skydrive account?  "It's a Beautiful Day" and "Buckingham Nicks" long out of print.  IABD - the band no longer retains rights to the music and a shout out to see David LaFlamme and latest incarnation live if in your area.  BN - Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks married and pre-Fleetwood Mac.  Legal hassles as well but may be released soon on CD... but have been hearing this for 20 years.

Both of these digital transfers/remasters were a labor of love.  IABD is upsampled from a CD I bought off a street hippy in San Francisco.  It appears to be a vinyl transfer and sounded OK but the track-by-track levels were all over the place.  Final result sounds better but does have a some tape hiss as it was recorded pre-Dolby NR but you may be surprised as how good it does sound considering the source.  BN - vinyl transfer that took weeks to de-click by hand.   Interestingly BN was the first album recorded in 1973 with LA's Sound City studios new Neve mixing console.  The studio and Neve console were famous for a lot familiar recordings for the next 20 years.  Sound City Wiki

Bob, if you feel uncomfortable no problem.  These recordings are far from EAC but perfectly understand either way.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi Scott,

Just create your own Skydrive account - link below ... It is FREE for storing up to 7 gig of files. Upload the files to your account and then you have to SHARE the files so that others can download.

Download Skydrive

Bob
    poconoman
    poconoman

Post by poconoman Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Bob! Put some music up!Very Happy 
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 pm

I have already posted everything I had ... If and when I get some new HD files, I will post some more.

Bob
    poconoman
    poconoman

Post by poconoman Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Bob Latino wrote:I have already posted everything I had ... If and when I get some new HD files, I will post some more.

Bob
    Would you mind re posting them again? I'm sure many missed the first time around as I have.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

"Just create your own Skydrive account"
    Will do and thanks for the link...
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 am

OK, will give this a try... Just click on the links below, click the check boxes by the file names, and select Download at the top... No sign in required (I hope).  Let me know if you have issues..

GP49

Post by GP49 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 am

arledgsc wrote:Let me know if you have issues..
    Letting you know I DON'T.

Working as designed. THANKS!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the two albums .. If you have any more, post them .. I didn't have any problem with the DL of either album ...

Bob
    skriefal
    skriefal

Post by skriefal Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:50 am

arledgsc wrote:OK, will give this a try... Just click on the links below, click the check boxes by the file names, and select Download at the top... No sign in required (I hope).  Let me know if you have issues..
    Could you let us know what phono cartridge was used for this Buckingham Nicks transfer? Sometimes helps us to decide which cartridge to buy for our turntables. Smile Thanks.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:49 am

"Could you let us know what phono cartridge was used for this Buckingham Nicks transfer? Sometimes helps us to decide which cartridge to buy for our turntables."
    Sure, Dynavector 10x5 high output along with VPI Scout turntable, Audio Research PH2, and Apogee Mini-Me ADC.  

"Thanks for the two albums .. If you have any more, post them .. I didn't have any problem with the DL of either album ..."
    Glad you enjoy them.  I'll post more when time allows.  Takes a long time to upload on my system.  Scott
    skriefal
    skriefal

Post by skriefal Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks. Nice turntable. There's a VPI Scout sitting a few feet from me right now Smile. Might need to pull my Buckingham Nicks LP from the shelf tonight and give it a spin.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:57 pm

arledgsc wrote:
    "Could you let us know what phono cartridge was used for this Buckingham Nicks transfer? Sometimes helps us to decide which cartridge to buy for our turntables."
    Sure, Dynavector 10x5 high output along with VPI Scout turntable, Audio Research PH2, and Apogee Mini-Me ADC.  
    Call me cheap, but I still shudder every time I see a $450 cartridge listed as "entry level" ... affraid 
    ramon68

Post by ramon68 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Moving coil cartridge prices have become crazy in recent years. I can't afford the Ortofons I used to use. I tried a Denon 103R
    since it is well reviewed. I found it can't track, can't play bass or high frequencies. Nice midrange, though.
    I recently got an Audio Technica AT33PTG from Hong Kong (it isn't sold in the U.S.) and at $500 discounted, it plays music.
    As far as I'm concerned, $450 probably is entry level.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Guess I'll "settle" for my Pickering XV15/625E ...

(the sacrifices we make) tongue 

I scored a NOS stylus not too long ago, so I figure I'm good for a while again.

Seems to me Soundsmith is about the only ones still making moving iron cartridges. You can get your very own Sussurro for less than $5K ... wotta deal, eh!!
    skriefal
    skriefal

Post by skriefal Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Grado, Nagaoka, and Ortofon make moving iron cartridges.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Just finished uploading a sampler of songs that are sure to please most.  Funny how with digital music they can't come up with a uniform sound level or even in the ballpark.  The levels vary a bit track-to-track so keep the volume control close if played straight through.

The link will be removed in about two weeks (9-6-13).  The intent is demonstration purposes and without compensation.  Maybe you will be inclined to purchase some of these fine products and make everyone happy.  Enjoy!

Check the boxes next to the Titles, select Download at the top, and Save on your drive.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:51 am

What are you using for a player front end?

Reason I ask, jRiver Media Center does a decent enough job of compensating for varying playback levels. Enable the feature, and it'll then even things out on either an album or playlist. Not perfect - there are exceptions, mostly based on the file format. Good example is Amazon downloads ... their MP3's for whatever reason still tends toward LOUD.

I've been whining at the good folk at jRiver to allow manual editing of the database where the playback levels are stored, but no luck so far. Perseverance, right? I can be pretty annoying when I want to be. Twisted Evil 

Anyway ... it's a free download and real reasonable to buy as it's basically got anything you'd ever want for digital storage and playback.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 am

"What are you using for a player front end"
    I use Foobar2000 with the Anamon Vertigo wrapper to gloss up the presentation and allow remote control through the iPad.  I'm sure Foobar has a method to apply volume level to each track just never tried it.  Being a purist at heart I just run a DAC output straight into the ST-120.   But you are correct MP3s are loud as heck (compressed).  Even CD releases are many times louder versus the same HD release.   I find a lot of HD releases peak at -6dB especially the SACD rips.

Anamon Vertigo wrapper for Foobar2000
    http://www.anamon.eu/shop_content.php?coID=102
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 am

Last call for alcohol!  clown   The posted selections will be coming down in a few days (9/8/13).  If you would like to download don't wait too long...

Click the icons below, Check the interested tracks on SkyDrive, then select Download at top, and Save to your drive

hawaii.ken
    hawaii.ken

Post by hawaii.ken Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for the tunes, Scott Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am