Here is some testing instructions i was given on another forum.
Hopefully you have a detailed build manual. If not, start-up procedure probably should go something like this...
- Fire it up with no tubes & if you have a voltmeter, check that you have 6.3v at the heater pins of ea tube - 6.3vdc betw 6SN7 pins 7-8 & pins 2-7 on the rectifier.
- Plug in rectifier only & it should light up orange.
- It looks like you have regulated HT (hi voltage) too, so you can check that you have ~265vdc betw ea of 6SN7 anode pins 2, 5 & a Ground point.
- Plug in 6SN7s & you should see them light up orange.
- If you want to be thorough, you can also check that the 6SN7 heaters are 'elevated' - you should have greater than ~140vdc betw R24-R25 & Gnd."
Im getting about 6.1vdc between 7-8 on the 6sn7 and 2-7 on the 6x5.
getting 260vdc between 2 and ground. No reading between 5 and ground.
Getting about 70vdc between r24-25 and ground.
In terms of the "glow" I wouldn't say they are glowing at all. there is a small red/orange light coming out of the top (looks like a bit of fibre optic) 1 on the 6x5 and 2 on the 6sn7. Other than this small light I can report no such glow.
Compared to the picture of the M125 at full glow on the m125 page the tubes in this are definately not glowing.