The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

New Technics SL-1100

Sprags

New Technics SL-1100

Post by Sprags on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm

" />

" />

Found this turntable yesterday on eBay. The seller was local and the price was right.

I was a little dusty and has a bad scratch on the cover. I also accidentally bent the stylus shank. Luckily Shure V15 Type 3 stylii are reasonably priced.

Its in really nice condidtion so the extra 50 bucks I need to invest in a stylus plus some polishing magic will get it looking it really nice.

I know its not hifi related but here is a photo of something else I had to polish to a glasslike finish.

" />

Thanks for looking...Blake

vintess

Re: New Technics SL-1100

Post by vintess on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Sprags,

Nice looking Technics and guitar. One can find good deals on The Bay every now and then. I got some good deals on my Thorens, Dual, and Rega on there. After some elbow grease, and maintenance, they are all looking great and sounding awesome.

I know what you mean about bending the cantilever. I actually snapped off the cantilever of a Ortofon Concorde that was mint and hardly had any hours on it with a Swifter as I was dusting the turntable. I learned to never dust a turntable WITHOUT first taking the stylus out of the cartridge or removing the cartridge altogether whenever possible! An expensive lesson...

Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:31 am