The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+10
baddog1946
mantha3
wildiowa
Analog Man
sailor
greggoad
gener8r
Sprags
sKiZo
Bob Latino
14 posters

Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer ..

mantha3
    mantha3

Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer .. - Page 2 Empty Re: Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer ..

Post by mantha3 Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:31 am

3 subs!

I have one on top of the other... then 1 in the ceiling!
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer .. - Page 2 Empty Re: Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer ..

Post by sKiZo Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Low bass is non-directional - you should be able to hear the same tone anywhere in a room, but ...

The size of the room can be an issue regarding the volume and impact of that tone. A well designed and eq'd system should be capable of putting out the same SPLs at every seating position to get the same effect for all listeners, so ... Single sub is fine for a fairly intimate setting ... the bigger the room, the more seating positions, and multiple subs are probably the best way to go.

peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm

sKiZo wrote:Low bass is non-directional - you should be able to hear the same tone anywhere in a room, but ...

The size of the room can be an issue regarding the volume and impact of that tone. A well designed and eq'd system  should be capable of putting out the same SPLs at every seating position to get the same effect for all listeners, so ... Single sub is fine for a fairly intimate setting ... the bigger the room, the more seating positions, and multiple subs are probably the best way to go.

.... Until the multiple sub's will interfere and cancel out specific frequencies.
    DarthBubba

Post by DarthBubba Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 am

mantha3 wrote:I've grown to love some subs in my system.

Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer .. - Page 2 P1030837_zps5c01d4e8
    Tell us: at what point did "Over The Top" appear in the rear view mirror?

Do you call this the "Man(tha3) Cave" or the dog house?   My wife looked over my shoulder at your room and whispered "Don't even think about that" to me.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Diffusion panels are a nice touch ... also easily moved about to fine tune the system.

Something missing though ... Hmmmm ... oh, yeah ... lights!

Need a little more low end in your system? Check out this woofer .. - Page 2 Lightshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm