The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

New board for Stereo 70 project?

ricohman

New board for Stereo 70 project?

Post by ricohman on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:59 pm

I have recently purchased a Stereo 70 and I have been reading many threads on what needs to be done. I have decided on the VTA 70 board and I will also be doing the rectifier mod and adding a new choke and tubes.
    Does using the VTA board require any special modifications to the amp? I am not a raw beginner but I was mostly hoping it would be an easy install. Is there anything else that needs attention, besides the caps under the deck and the can?
    Here are a few pics of my project.

I need an emblem though.

stewdan

Re: New board for Stereo 70 project?

Post by stewdan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi --- there are 2 links on the www.tubes4hifi.com webpage that are usefull, down towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/VTA70wiringdiagram3.GIF  --- this is a wiring diagram with colored wires.

And the other link shows the rebuild step-by-step process on the ST70 with photos and textual description.  

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/VTA70install.htm

stewdan

Post by stewdan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 am

Hi again -- the 2nd link is again active, I asked Roy to re-activate it.  It should help. Any other questions just ask.  Your ST-70 looks very nice and almost new, did you get it like that or did it take lots of elbow grease?.

Have fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:10 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:10 pm