The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form Empty Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form

Post by Bob Latino Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 am

Back when I was a young kid in the late 1950's and early 1960's the only source of information on Hi-Fi was magazines. The magazines at the time were maybe 35 cents to 75 cents each. Now and then I would be able to come up up with the cash to buy one. These mags were filled with many facts about early audio and give a good look into the evolution of early audio gear. The mags range from 1952 to 1962 and some months are missing. They span the pre-stereo era (1952 - 1957) and the early stereo era (1958 - 1962). Lots of great reading for those interested in the early history of Hi-Fi. Link below ...

1952 - 1962 editions of Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review

Bob

Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form Empty Re: Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form Empty Re: Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form

Post by Bob Latino Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Just to note that this web site also has manuals and schematics for many of the older McIntosh, Fisher, Scott, Eico, Harmon Kardon, Acoustic Research and some other early manufacturers at the link below.

Early Hi-Fi manuals and schematics

Bob
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:08 pm

You're costing me money, Bob!

First issue I looked at - first page even - Hifi Stereo Review – December 1962

Had an ad for some slimline wall hanging speakers that would be perfect to fill in the back of the room on my quad system. Took a look around that auction place, and couldn't find the ones advertised, but I did find these ...

Older Audio, Hi Fidelity and Hi-Fi Stereo Review magazines in pdf form Looks

These are mid '90s tech developed for the home theater crowd. Mids and highs are all done with transducers on a flat panel. Low end is courtesy of a 5" woofer. Only 2" deep (11x14 inches), so they'll fit in nice, even by a doorway. Not known for their bass, but the imaging is supposed to be pretty spectacular. Usually a big plus in a quad environment - maybe these can keep up with the Carver holography on the front channels. Dispersion is supposed to be much wider when oriented vertically, so I can also experiment with that ...

Also, at $65 shipped, I won't be out much if they really and truly suck - and I could use a set in the garage anyway. Razz
    Pillo69
    Pillo69

Post by Pillo69 Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Thank you for your contributions bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 am