The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB

TN Allen

Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB  Empty Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB

Post by TN Allen Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm assembling an MK3 PCB and want to be certain I am locating the tube sockets on the TOP of the PCB. From what I can see in the photos on the tubes4hifi website the sockets should be on the side of the PCB that has no text. Is this correct?

Thank you.
    stewdan

Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB  Empty Re: Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB

Post by stewdan Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:11 am

Hi - Yes, you are correct. Top side, no writing. (Also, if the sockets are mounted on the topside of the PCB, they will be in a straight line with the RCA Input Jack.)

Actually, the way that I tell what the bottom side of a VTA PCB is, is to look for the ground solder trace that goes all around the perimeter of the PCB and makes contact with the mounting holes.

On some of the VTA PCBs the trace looks like it is bare solder and on others it has a greenish coating which I believe they call a solder mask.  

If you have any other questions, ask away.

Have fun,
    Stew
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB  Empty Re: Correct TOP surface and tube socket location for MK3 PCB

Post by sKiZo Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

No worries if you get it wrong ... just mount the board in backwards and insert the tubes upside down ...  geek 

PS ... some nice pics on Roy's site that should help ...

http://tubes4hifi.com/MK3.htm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm