The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Preamp Comparison

TN Allen

Preamp Comparison Empty Preamp Comparison

Post by TN Allen Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:09 am

I hesitate to ask the following because it partially involves a SS preamp, but would like to know what others think regarding the comparison between the Tubes4HiFi PAS 3X upgrades including the phono upgrade, and a Hagerman Bugle2 preamp: http://www.hagtech.com/bugle2.html

I've built another turntable and am considering locating the Bugle2 preamp in the plinth. I've read good reviews of it and it seems a good idea, however, as I already have the upgraded PAS 3X and like the sound very much, I'm wondering if there really is likely be any significant difference using the Buggle2.
    pmarcin
    pmarcin

Preamp Comparison Empty Re: Preamp Comparison

Post by pmarcin Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:04 pm

I've built both and in an A/B comparison couldn't notice much difference. IMHO, it's a win-win. As an aside, I do like the 12AYs in the SP10.

Last edited by pmarcin on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errer)
    TN Allen

Post by TN Allen Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:01 am

Thank you, this is very helpful. tna

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm