The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Building a Bob Latino ST-70!

Gregg R.
    Gregg R.

Building a Bob Latino ST-70! Empty Building a Bob Latino ST-70!

Post by Gregg R. Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 pm

I recently finished a Bob Latino ST-70 with cap upgrades. Click on link below to view.

The remainder of the system includes an Onkyo CD changer, Emotiva XDA-2 DAC/Preamp, Legacy Studio HDs (matched quad), NAD amp and REL T-3 sub in a 4.1 system. Also Gateway laptop running JRiver. I use a hardwired splitter from the XDA-2 to NAD to derive the rear channels in a DynaQuad config. REL also runs off the NAD. Sounds good!! Best for small scale acoustic music.
    Driving the front speakers, the ST-70 probably contributes 75% of the audio; replaces a Musical Fidelity A-1 integrated, 2008 Anniversary edition.

Thanks for looking,

Gregg R.

Picasa Album

Last edited by Gregg R. on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Increased clarity.;new link)
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Building a Bob Latino ST-70! Empty Re: Building a Bob Latino ST-70!

Post by Bob Latino Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Gregg,

Your Picasa album is not viewable .. I think you have to somehow make it "public" so that others besides you can view the album.

EDIT on 4/22/14 - Thanks - I can see it now ...

Bob
    Ed Rosenberger

Post by Ed Rosenberger Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Due to the fact that I am in waiting for my ST70 from Bob, I found your step by step pictures very interesting and informative.....so thank you Gregg for taking the time and effort to make them available.
    The only real difference from my kit is that I chose to use the octal driver board and I plan to add a shock protective cover plate.
    Sometimes my hands tend to be spastic while thinking about something.....and I don't enjoy unexpected shocks Wink.
    Gregg R.
    Gregg R.

Building a Bob Latino ST-70! Empty VTA-70 build

Post by Gregg R. Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:28 am

Hi Ed,

I am glad that you liked the photos of my VTA-70! Not much has changed since I installed the Shuguang EL-34s a few months ago. I don't think Bob offered the 6SN7 option when I built my unit last winter.

Work carefully, read and follow directions, use a hot iron, and take a break from time to time. The VTA-70 offers a lot more output tube options then Bob's other amps, unless you really need the extra power!

Thanks for looking! There's a lot of good information on this site, especially from Bob Latino.

Gregg R.
    Ed Rosenberger

Post by Ed Rosenberger Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am

Yes Gregg, I am finding some interesting information scattered around.....and your post #1 above was my first on this site!
    I would like to stay longer but I really do need to hit the sack....it's getting ridiculous....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm