The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Stereo 80 by Panor

MarcVBelgium
    MarcVBelgium

Stereo 80 by Panor Empty Stereo 80 by Panor

Post by MarcVBelgium Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Ran into this beautiful Stereo 80 and couldn't resist. I installed new Gold Lion (re-issue) KT-66 tubes
    that are burning in while I'm writing this.
    Here is a link to photobucket

https://s861.photobucket.com/user/MarcVBelgium/slideshow/DYNACO-STEREO-80-by-Panor

Some pictures were taken out of hand with a .5 second shutter, so forgive me that they are
    not 100% sharp...

As the KT-66 are brand new, I cannot give a "final" analysis right now, but my first impressions
    are very favourable. This is one fine (BIG!) amplifier !

Is it a match for the ST-120 ?..... too early to say, but I'll come to that in a week or so. Promised.

This is a BIG amp, which has the benefit of running rather cool.....as there is plenty of air around the tubes.

I will comment on its sound when tubes get settled...

audiobill

Stereo 80 by Panor Empty Re: Stereo 80 by Panor

Post by audiobill Fri May 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Nice find!

I bought the Panor PAS-4 in 1996 on closeout, sold it, then wished I had bought multiples of all these at bargain prices!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am