The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

great vinyl shop

great vinyl shop Empty great vinyl shop

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 pm

so here I am now, Downunder, visiting mum in Melbourne Australia and found one of my old favorite used vinyl shops in the next suburb over.
    Went wild and bought about $200 worth of used vinyl, from pop, rock to blues & classical.
    Can't wait to play them puppies once I get back to the good ole US of A!
    Heading to downtown Melbourne later this week, there's supposed to be a great shop selling tube audio gear etc., will have to check that one out!
    Still getting used to driving on the 'wrong side' of the road again....and the traffic!!!!!!!!!!......aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! affraid 
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

great vinyl shop Empty Re: great vinyl shop

Post by sKiZo Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 pm

One stop shopping in my neck o' the woods ...

great vinyl shop Storefront

They've got a fantastic selection of vinyl, tape and dvd. Also a repair shop with new audio equipment under the same roof, AND an auditorium in the back for local bands. Hard to beat.

PS ... you're not worried about trying to get vinyl through customs?

What the hell are those?

I dunno, Fred, I think they're ... uh ... what the hell ARE those ??

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 pm

sKiZo wrote:One stop shopping in my neck o' the woods ...

They've got a fantastic selection of vinyl, tape and dvd. Also a repair shop with new audio equipment under the same roof, AND an auditorium in the back for local bands. Hard to beat.

What the hell are those?

jeeez...really???...they are frisbees!!!!!  Shocked 
    no problems at all for customs, I'll be sending them ahead of me via post anyway, no way am I gonna carry those puppies on the plane!
    We do have some shops back in Bozeman, about 1hr drive from our place, but there is limited choice and I have already raided those!  Very Happy 
    At this rate I'll probably check out some more stores in downtown Melbourne, heading that way next week.
    Checked tube prices here in Oz...holy crap they are expensive here...I'll stick to buying them back home in the good ole US of A!
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 am

MontanaWay wrote:so here I am now, Downunder, visiting mum in Melbourne Australia and found one of my old favorite used vinyl shops in the next suburb over.
    Went wild and bought about $200 worth of used vinyl, from pop, rock to blues & classical.
    Heading to downtown Melbourne later this week, there's supposed to be a great shop selling tube audio gear etc., will have to check that one out!
    Still getting used to driving on the 'wrong side' of the road again....and the traffic!!!!!!!!!!......aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! affraid 

Montana, are you sure those vinyls will play on a North American formatted turntable?  Razz 
    daveshel
    daveshel

Post by daveshel Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am

deepee99 wrote:
    MontanaWay wrote:so here I am now, Downunder, visiting mum in Melbourne Australia and found one of my old favorite used vinyl shops in the next suburb over.

Montana, are you sure those vinyls will play on a North American formatted turntable?  Razz 

Gotta use a Coriolis Compensator.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am

daveshel wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:

I see after a Google search that the Perturbation Compensator may be used as well  lol! 

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 12:53 pm

deepee99 wrote:
    daveshel wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:

I see after a Google search that the Perturbation Compensator may be used as well  lol! 

naaaaahhhhhh....you guys got it all wrong!
    Water drains anti clockwise in Oz....soooooo......I will need to play those vinyls anti clockwise!!!!!  cyclops 

The package arrived yesterday, already played Abbey Road and Ella Fitzgerald.......NIIIIICE!!!!!
    mazeeff

Post by mazeeff Wed May 21, 2014 3:17 pm

sKiZo wrote:One stop shopping in my neck o' the woods ...

What the hell are those?

I recognize this place! Chicago Drive in GR? I live 7 miles from it!

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am