The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all products and all products

Runaway Bias Voltage Kit MK III

Re: Runaway Bias Voltage Kit MK III

Post by nhurl1 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:46 am

Well, the fact that the first amp with the second amps driver board having a runaway bias (again) indicates to me that there could be a problem with both the amp and the driver board, but I don't know, because the second amp isn't working at all...

Besides that, I'm in too much of a bad mood to even attempt any diagnostic repairs.

Bob Latino

Post by Bob Latino on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:52 am

nhurl1 wrote:

I don't think the forum is letting me post photo's as my account is less than a week old...

Hi Nick,

Either the web address is wrong for the photos that you posted OR your Photobucket account is set for private. If I go to the web address that you listed for the photo you tried to post >   I get an error message. Check the Photobucket web address for that photo and make sure that your Photobucket account is not set for "private".

If you can get a few photos up here for your amps, it is possible that one of us may be able to find an issue in your wiring that could cause the problem.

Post by Sal on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 am

Either send Kevin @ pictures or you can send them to me at, Kevin or I will post them here so we can try to figure what is wrong with your amp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:25 am

Current date/time is Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:25 am