The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
Tube Nube
TMadden
6 posters

Another Tube Convert!

TMadden
    TMadden

Another Tube Convert! Empty Another Tube Convert!

Post by TMadden Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm

One of our customers just received his VTA SP-13 preamp, here is what he had to say:

Received the preamp and got to try it out last night. Simply brilliant sound. I was able to hear a much clearer separation and much better imaging. Soooo much detail at very low volumes and super quiet noise floor.

and:

Just wanted to once again tell you that the preamp sounds fantastic. I have been so far playing music using a Classe SSP 600 preamp which has an analog bypass. While the SSP 600 sounded great, the vta sp13 just takes it to a new higher level. I found older jazz recordings like John Coltrane, Miles Davis etc sounding warm like LP's. Also at a very low volume the detail is astonishing. I guess that is due to the quiet noise floor.

Pretty good considering the Classe SSP 600 cost $6500!
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Another Tube Convert! Empty Re: Another Tube Convert!

Post by Tube Nube Thu May 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Wow. Classe is very highly rated stuff!

Roy, you must be smiling from ear to ear!
    zx

Post by zx Thu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Well tubes do sound deff.....than SS...some say better...i like SS some times.....
    Preamps are the front end...right
    Nice.....
    luck guy...now well the guy spend big cash in a tube preamp...so he can say were vta sp13 is as good are better...??

Thanks for the site Bob.......
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:42 pm

zx wrote:Well tubes do sound deff.....than SS...some say better...i like SS some times.....
    Preamps are the front end...right
    Nice.....
    luck guy...now well the guy spend big cash in a tube preamp...so he can say were vta sp13 is as good are better...??

Thanks for the site Bob.......

I'll put my SP-13 up against any $10k ARC.
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Post by Tube Nube Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 pm

Wow! The praise gets higher and higher.

I hope Roy is tuning into this!
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:59 pm

I'm with DeePee on this, just from experience, and having heard a lot of high end expensive gear, I'd put the SP12-SP13-SP14 up against any preamp selling for ANY price,
    they will compare very favorably or BEAT THE S**T out of anything selling for under $5000. You are buying parts from me at just a little over cost,
    NOT paying for a huge corporate office, sales personal, engineers, accountants, and tons of advertising, and bribes to so called "magazine publishers".
    I'm the guy that does it all, and makes just a few $$ on the deal. I like happy customers, and my motto for 25 years now is "value for the $$"
    So for the few that have a hard time building kits, and the lousy documentation, and lack of electronics understanding, hey, buy one ready to plug in.
    Troy is now my go-to guy for those when I don't have time.
    edgobb
    edgobb

Post by edgobb Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Can't agree more. I built one of the very first SP-12s and have never looked back! It keeps my VTA ST70 making music.

Now I've got a backlog of projects like a lot of the guys on this board. In the process of building some speakers, have a pair of MKIIIs next to the bench and want to get into an awesome headphone amp that Roy has designed.

I read this forum every day, and have for a little over three years and I consider it a reliable resource of real information. Honest people listening to the music that is the soundtrack of their lives. I continue to learn and am grateful for this group of bottle-huggers.

Cheers,
    Ed
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Post by Tube Nube Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:43 am

Well put, Roy. You really do give outstanding value for the money.

I kinda hope Alan from down under might weigh in here. He had a get together with some of his "mates" for a listen-fest, some of them he told me had systems that were truly exotic, with jaw dropping price tags -- even in this crowd of well-heeled enthusiasts, his gear, iirc was impressive and not out of place.
    zx

Post by zx Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:08 am

Well i cant say ............i have never got to hear any of Roys work.....looks great..
    But i have owned more than one peace of ARC......hehe......ARC are only people that i have ever seen Make tubes sound like bad SS.................CJ on the other hand.....sweet like honey....
    But some like ARC......but not for me!.....
    But as most things in Audio......if you dont go you cant know...

Thanks for site Bob.....................................

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:57 am