The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+8
MarcVBelgium
GP49
Bally
daveshel
sKiZo
BNR_1
corndog71
Bob Latino
12 posters

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Empty Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics

Post by Bob Latino Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:45 am

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Forumstatistics_zps26b82889

This forum has come a long way since November of 2008. By the end of this year we will have over 2000 members ..  We have 40 to 50 members and over 100 guests who visit this forum every day. About 2 years ago on June 29th, 2012 at 2:39 PM Eastern we had online at the same time 104 members and guests viewing the forum. In March of this year we had a record 64 new topics posted and 749 posts on these 64 topics. Last month in May 2014 we had 35 new topics posted and 473 total posts. In comparison in May 2014, "That other Dynaco forum" > That other Dynaco Forum had just TWO new posts and no responses to either post.

Roy (Tubes4hifi), Kevin (Dynakitparts) and I would like to thank you all for your informative posts which have helped make this forum a success and helped keep Dynaco tube audio alive and well ...

Bob
    corndog71
    corndog71

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Empty Re: Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics

Post by corndog71 Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

I have to admit the lack of participation in that forum is a big part of me coming here.
    BNR_1

Post by BNR_1 Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Thank you Bob, Roy, and Kevin for making this forum available to us. It has been, and still is, a very informative and valuable website for keeping Dynacos and other audio gear much alive.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey Bob ...

You wouldn't want to start a Carver forum, would you? Amazing the number of hoops they make you jump through to get to any of the good parts. Last I heard, you need to log 100 posts to get anywhere near anything concerning tech stuff. Until then, most of the folders are secret handshake only. Can't even read em ...

To which my reply was ... what you want me to do, talk about the weather? Now you know me ... I don't really MIND talking about the weather, but it's nice to be able to talk about the good stuff too ... especially when I'm knee deep in a project and managed to solder my way into a corner.

Eight new posts today at that other site, the most telling of which is titled "Worthless Information" ... none about the weather yet, but I'm sure that's a fluke. I pretty much gave up on them when I modded an H9AV to use new tech op amps and beef up the power supply ... muddled through on my own based on a few tips I gleaned from gooOOOOoogle ...

PS ... it's a beautiful day here today ... upper 70's, beautiful blue skies ...  sunny   jocolor 
    daveshel
    daveshel

Post by daveshel Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks for a great site!
    Bally

Post by Bally Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

When you add a great line of audio products, excellent support, and some tube head fanatics....

you end up with a chart like that.

Great stats.......

Last edited by Bally on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : word error)
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Here's what happens when your website gets hijacked ...

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Tritonstats

Fortunately my ISP has a sense of humor ...
    GP49

Post by GP49 Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 am

There is a solid, both-feet-on-the-ground technical foundation to this forum, and a membership with a sense of humor, fraternity and helpfulness to one's fellows.  They both make the forum what it is.

Another tech-based forum is now contending with a troll who claims to be the only "True Experienced Audiophile" (TEA) among the membership.  He picks arguments and gives verbose, opaquely reasoned explanations as to why only he is right; the others are wrong.  That hasn't happened here but if it does, I hope Bob has the nerve that the moderators on that other forum lack, and throws the troll out on his a**.
    MarcVBelgium
    MarcVBelgium

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Empty statistics

Post by MarcVBelgium Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:39 am

Thanks to Bob, Roy and Kevin for this forum. I never particularly liked forums because of the discussions and "I know better than you..." attitude on many of them. Until I ran into this forum. There is such a "no nonsense" approach that I am now visiting daily. Could'nt sleep without it...:-)))
    The humor of sKiZo, Captain Coconut, deepee99 and Montanaway is also very "refreshing"
    This forum is about "sharing", I love it !
    Best regards from Belgium
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:20 am

GP49 wrote:There is a solid, both-feet-on-the-ground technical foundation to this forum, and a membership with a sense of humor, fraternity and helpfulness to one's fellows.  They both make the forum what it is.

Another tech-based forum is now contending with a troll who claims to be the only "True Experienced Audiophile" (TEA) among the membership.  He picks arguments and gives verbose, opaquely reasoned explanations as to why only he is right; the others are wrong.  That hasn't happened here but if it does, I hope Bob has the nerve that the moderators on that other forum lack, and throws the troll out on his a**.

GP,

As a matter of fact I have kicked out 6 or 8 members who have posted links to "inappropriate" and/or non audio related web sites just to increase traffic on their web site. I check the forum every morning and I am usually able to delete the post before most members even know that the post was there. On a few occasions a post has degenerated into a pissing contest between two posters who have diametrically opposing views on a subject. If it gets too nasty, I will PM both posters and tell them to "keep it nice". I may also make alterations to their post to "reduce the nastiness" in their wording. One poster took offense that I "altered his right to free speech". He in now posting on some other forum but not this one. Another thing I do as in the case of the the free speech guy is to log in the IP address of the person who has been kicked out. I have had people who have been kicked out and try to rejoin with a new screen name. If their IP address matches the IP address of a person who has been kicked out - they get removed again ...

Bob
    wildiowa

Post by wildiowa Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:05 am

Bob and group...interesting numbers. And a great forum. Are you telling me you know when I clik on every morning to check things out? I did not realize you guys were retired from the NSA!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:27 am

Bob Latino wrote:
    GP49 wrote:There is a solid, both-feet-on-the-ground technical foundation to this forum, and a membership with a sense of humor, fraternity and helpfulness to one's fellows.  They both make the forum what it is.

GP,

As a matter of fact I have kicked out 6 or 8 members who have posted links to "inappropriate" and/or non audio related web sites just to increase traffic on their web site. I check the forum every morning and I am usually able to delete the post before most members even know that the post was there. On a few occasions a post has degenerated into a pissing contest between two posters who have diametrically opposing views on a subject. If it gets too nasty, I will PM both posters and tell them to "keep it nice". I may also make alterations to their post to "reduce the nastiness" in their wording. One poster took offense that I "altered his right to free speech". He in now posting on some other forum but not this one. Another thing I do as in the case of the the free speech guy is to log in the IP address of the person who has been kicked out. I have had people who have been kicked out and try to rejoin with a new screen name. If their IP address matches the IP address of a person who has been kicked out - they get removed again ...

Bob

my cousin Vinnie can be VERY persuasive....he just loves to visit people and show them what he learned at the boxing ring!!  What a Face 

But seriously, as I have mentioned in my 'praise' thread, this would have to be the best forum that I have discovered and I don't say this lightly! I've already got to know some really great people and I am looking forward to meeting them in September, not to mention all that I have learned so far!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:55 am

wildiowa wrote:Bob and group...interesting numbers. And a great forum. Are you telling me you know when I clik on every morning to check things out? I did not realize you guys were retired from the NSA!

The moderator of the forum has the ability to see WHO is online at all times. I can also look up your IP address to see roughly where you are in the world. For example - poster "wildiowa" made his post above from in or near E******", Iowa. I won't put the actual name of your city/town wildiowa because it is no ones business where you are posting from. I also have your IP address here but will not post it. I can also tell that on other occasions you have posted from another IP address - possibly from where you work or from your phone ..

I am not from the NSA - lol .. and no one but me will ever see this info. In fact I never even look at the IP info on posters unless the person posting creates a problem.

Bob
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Bob Latino wrote:One poster took offense that I "altered his right to free speech".

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED!!

Truth be told, if you DON'T do that sort of stuff every now and then, you're failing as a moderator to keep the peace and make sure the forum stays friendly and useful to those who use it. Forum moderators have a responsibility to ensure that posts which the group would find upsetting, grossly off-topic or designed to cause trouble (flaming, for example) are deleted and members who continually violate this are removed and banned forever with no appeal.

Been there, done that. Got out of it as I don't have the temperament for it.

One thing I've noticed is this forum doesn't have a TOS agreement on the home page? Oversight, or am I just not finding it? That can make your life a lot easier as it lets you just point to it when there's a problem and say ... there it is ... read it. Lots of good boilerplate out there.

Here ... you can borrow one of my old ones if you like ...

http://www.brainfartz.com/mttech/disclaimer.html

PS ... was looking at the stats, and I see I now have the third most posts ever here? Huh ... I SHOULD be repressed!  silent
    corndog71
    corndog71

Post by corndog71 Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I know a couple other audio forums where the moderator keeps a tight lid on drama. These are the best.

I've also seen other audio forums where the moderator accepts a level of drama as long as it matches his own views. These aren't really any better than the ones that have minimal if any moderation.

Thanks for keeping the peace, Bob.  cheers 
    mark four
    mark four

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics Empty this forum

Post by mark four Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 am

it is very informative . i enjoy it . keep up the good work . i learned to appreciate dynaco equipment about 20 years ago . i have a pair of mark 3's and mark 4's (hence the name)
    they were the first dynaco amps i purchased . also a stereo 35 and sca 35 along  with 2 modified pas 3's .   Basketball
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:21 pm

Here's my latest acquisition ... maybe just a pic will start the mud ball rolling ...

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics C4000-benched

A C-4000 is liable to stir up controversy most anywhere ... lot of haters. Not exactly your basic preamp. Sonic holographics, expansion, reality generator, peak unlimiter, time delay (this one also has three built in amps for rear and center synth channels) ... and what in gawds name is auto correlation???

I think it even makes cappuccino.  cheers

One thing most can agree on - it has an excellent and very flexible phono stage.
    kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I'll add my thanks too. Most of us are rank amateurs and hobbyists. I have always found the members of this forum to be courteous and extraordinarily responsive. I'm not afraid to ask a stupid question or to throw my 2 cents worth in. I have learned a ton! I kind of laugh at how little I knew when I built my 1st st70. I'm scared to open it up again to see the birds nest that I created. But I bet I could post a picture of it and no one would rip me for it!!
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 pm

kaner wrote:I'll add my thanks too.  Most of us are rank amateurs and hobbyists.  I have always found the members of this forum to be courteous and extraordinarily responsive.  I'm not afraid to ask a stupid question or to throw my 2 cents worth in.  I have learned a ton!  I kind of laugh at how little I knew when I built my 1st st70.  I'm scared to open it up again to see the birds nest that I created.  But I bet I could post a picture of it and no one would rip me for it!!

Kaner,
    I'll show ya mine if you show me yours . . . Then if we both don't die laughing sKiZo or tubes4hifi will put us out of our respective miseries.
    I had one of my M-125s, in service for longer than two years, upside down the other day and after a hard look, it hit me, Ya coulda done better, but you might've done a lot worse, too. It isn't a pin-up doll, but I didn't waste too much wire and no magic smoke ever leaks out of it.
    Then you put it back on line and you realise, this is about as good as it gets.
    And yes, thanks to Bob and Roy for this board, and for keeping the nut-cases (including moi) at bay. It's all about the music, or when things blow up.

kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Ok I tried to post a photo and tried photobucket and none of it worked. I'll stick to soldering & schematics.
    corndog71
    corndog71

Post by corndog71 Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:11 am

We're you able to upload the photo to photobucket?

Make sure the folder (or bucket) settings are for "public".

When viewing an image there should be links for the pic on the right hand side. (You can also choose which links you prefer to show up)

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics DFF1B7D9-2894-4E21-A651-2D99213DA623_zps4r8embtm

See the bottom one labeled IMG? You just click on it and it should automatically copy it for you. Then go to your forum post in another tab or window and paste the link in the comment box.

Dynaco Tube Audio Forum statistics 82281295-133F-464F-997E-FD61F61E0A26_zpsbw0gkbo4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am