The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+12
skriefal
sKiZo
corndog71
Sal
Maintarget
Tom
deepee99
dougmon
DynakitParts
Bally
scottlowe
Bob Latino
16 posters

You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF ..

GP49

You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF .. - Page 2 Empty Re: You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF ..

Post by GP49 Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 pm

MontanaWay wrote:
    GP49 wrote:
    ixe13 wrote:When you  start to have a conversation with the electronic parts while buiding/upgrading a ST-70    drunken

Wait a minute.  I've done that.  Like when something doesn't fit.  "G*D D*MN PIECE OF SH*T!!"

It never answered back....

but it did!...by being a G*D D*MN PIECE OF SH*T!!!!!!!

I see...the stong, silent type?...
    corndog71
    corndog71

You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF .. - Page 2 Empty Re: You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF ..

Post by corndog71 Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 pm

...when you want to build one of each Dynaco amp.
    Bally

Post by Bally Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:16 pm

17. You become a solder fume addict while building your ST120....
    jwb474

Post by jwb474 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Completed building a Pam1 a couple of years ago and have NOS parts for 2 more yet to be built.
    A couple of highly modified MK3s will get a D/A converters with each amp assigned wheater it is a right or left channel and instead of an RCA input will get a Toshlink input.
    jwb474

Post by jwb474 Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Follow-up to my last post-checking if there is a reply to a post only 1 minute after being posted. (I actually did that).
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Bally wrote:17. You become a solder fume addict while building your ST120....

It's a "gateway" thing ... build an amp, next thing you know, you'll be re-plumbing your house with copper, using the "hard stuff" ... can I get that with extra lead?

You might be a Dynaco tube fanatic IF .. - Page 2 51K-VhpOKJL._SY300_

Head rush!!    cyclops 

I just rebuilt the master bath here, and the hardware store people looked at me funny when I started buying copper. Apparently, that's a bit of a lost art ...
    anbitet66
    anbitet66

Post by anbitet66 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 pm

You bought a used ST70 in great condition for an even greater price, then realized someone else got all the fun of building your Dynaco so you make the plans to purchase all the necessary reproduction parts to cull together a "kit" to assemble (not knowing anything about Dynakit parts, or guys like Bob or Dave...) so you won't feel left out.

And Bob,

For justification; because the original owner drilled a hole in the cover to make it easier to adjust the bias without removing the cover and this is condidered sacrilegious‎ within the tube community.  Very Happy 

Tony

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am