The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Old time Hi-Fi magazines ..

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Old time Hi-Fi magazines .. Empty Old time Hi-Fi magazines ..

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Someone Emailed me about this and I believe that we had an older post on the forum here about these older Hi-Fi magazines. I cannot find the original post so I am posting the link again. For the folks that support this forum you can download early issues of Audio, HiFi Stereo Review and High Fidelity magazines from 1952 through 1962 that have been archived at the link below. It makes for good reading. I can remember well reading some of these mags in high school when I should have been doing my homework and stuffing the mag quickly under the bed when I heard my mother approaching - lol ..

Vintage audio mags 1952 - 1962

Bob
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Old time Hi-Fi magazines .. Empty Re: Old time Hi-Fi magazines ..

Post by sKiZo Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Good stuff!

I still got a bunch of them salvaged in a dumpster dive behind the local TV repair shop way back when.

I keep meaning to read them again, but I tend to be distracted by the piles of Playboy and Penthouse stored next bin over ...  clown 

GP49

Post by GP49 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:35 pm

I've found that when I come across one of those old magazines, I can spend hours (literally) reading it while new issues of Stereophile (which subscription I finally dropped) keep me occupied for little longer than one session on the toilet.

This may reflect the relative amount of content. After a month, with some exceptions (some turntable rebuild articles by Art Dudley stand out), the Stereophiles get donated to a local charity shop. The old Audio, High Fidelity, etc. get filed, safely.
    Flyquail56

Post by Flyquail56 Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Here's another site with Audio, High Fidelity, plus a lot of broadcast related publications:
    http://www.americanradiohistory.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 am