The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

VTA ST-70 enclosure

bluerondo
    bluerondo

VTA ST-70 enclosure Empty VTA ST-70 enclosure

Post by bluerondo Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm

I noticed a few custom enclosures other users have built for their amps and after doing some research I decided to try my hand at something. I found some red oak 2" pieces at the local hardware store. I had one requirement which was that it should easily slip on from the top so it can easily be removed for servicing. So far I have decided not to use any screws for fastening. The front panel was the hardest part, composed of three separate sections. All just wood glued together. The back has a thin piece similar to the top front piece. Next version will be very similar except I will use a single piece for the front panel and the center will be table routed out for a straight clean cut. Some higher feet under the chassis will raise the whole thing up a bit.

I would be great to see what others have come up with.

VTA ST-70 enclosure 15263089870_47defd3092_b

Bill
    corndog71
    corndog71

VTA ST-70 enclosure Empty Re: VTA ST-70 enclosure

Post by corndog71 Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:40 pm

That looks really sharp! cheers
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

VTA ST-70 enclosure Empty Wood Enclosure

Post by DynakitParts Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:14 pm

I like it!