The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
Brap
pedrocols
sKiZo
Cubdriver
8 posters

Early Christmas

10-E-C
    10-E-C

Early Christmas Empty Early Christmas

Post by 10-E-C Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:11 pm

santa I just received my M-125 mono blocks from Bob today, looks like I'll be retiring my old ST-70 soon!!!!!
    Cubdriver
    Cubdriver

Early Christmas Empty Re: Early Christmas

Post by Cubdriver Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Sweet!

-Pat
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:24 pm

I got hold of Santa and told him he dropped them off at the wrong place. He'll be over shortly to pick them up and bring them here ...

PS ... don't toss that ST70 ... either a good spare, or a candidate for bi-amping or quad or any one of a number of things ... you could even like ... give it away ... hint hint ... ;-}

We WILL be expecting a comparison report after you've had time to play with the new gear a bit. Tube complement, any changes you need to make for best results, that sort of thing.
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:39 pm

sKiZo wrote:I got hold of Santa and told him he dropped them off at the wrong place. He'll be over shortly to pick them up and bring them here ...

PS ... don't toss that ST70 ... either a good spare, or a candidate for bi-amping or quad or any one of a number of things ... you could even like ... give it away ... hint hint ...  ;-}

We WILL be expecting a comparison report after you've had time to play with the new gear a bit. Tube complement, any changes you need to make for best results, that sort of thing.

Don't worry Mr sKiZo my old ST-70 will be getting to know my old forte II's shortly. I've been keeping them on separate sides of the house, but I think they want to be mated together!!!!

The transformers are drying as I type. I tried something different and will let ya'll know how it turned out. If it is good I'll be proud of it, but if isn't you'll never know... silent
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:32 pm

I received my KT-120s from Mr McShane today. A nice fellow to deal with.

Has anyone ever put Harley black wrinkle engine paint on the transformers? I had some leftover when I tore my old scooter down. It's different for sure.
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Post without pics are worthless..... Laughing
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:21 am

Sounds sweet guys. Getting my early Christmas present next week. Zu Druids in Zebra wood all complete. ST-70 and OTL comparisons over the Holidays! Wish I could post a pic here.....
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:24 am

Actually, changed avatar. Take a look at these beauties!
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:41 am

Brap wrote:Sounds sweet guys.  Getting my early Christmas present next week.  Zu Druids in Zebra wood all complete. ST-70 and OTL comparisons over the Holidays!  Wish I could post a pic here.....
    How come you can't post pics?
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:46 am

Tried to cut and paste but could not do. Changed avatar instead.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:35 pm

pedrocols wrote:
    Brap wrote:Sounds sweet guys.  Getting my early Christmas present next week.  Zu Druids in Zebra wood all complete. ST-70 and OTL comparisons over the Holidays!  Wish I could post a pic here.....
    How come you can't post pics?

After you are a member for 1 week you can post a link or a photo on the forum. NOTE - This forum cannot host a photo. You must host the photo on some other web site. See the sticky above on how to post a photo on this forum.

Bob
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 pm

I think you will like the Druids, I have the Zu Omen Defs now for about 8 months and have been using my ST-70 to drive them. Even tho they burn the Zu's in at the factory, it takes a while playing in your house to really fill in. I really like their sound reproduction. Enjoy

I'm not even close to finishing my M-125s, but starting next week I'm off work till the 5th of Jan, so I'll have the house to myself and get them done. Then I'll post some pics..

TM from 10-E-C

Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Druids have arrived. Will do some un-packing tonight and maybe listen a bit.
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Brap wrote:Druids have arrived.  Will do some un-packing tonight and maybe listen a bit.

Nothing like new toys to play with

cheers
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Yup no kidding! Will use my ST-70 for now since my OTL wont be arriving until Thursday. Looking forward to the comparisons. Ended up having my rack of gear a bit further away and needed to order up longer RCA's form Blue-Jeans. Hate to use RCA extensions No
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:43 am

Speakers have arrived! I really like these thus far. Initial thoughts are "smack in your face" dynamics and surprisingly enough bass is there without a sub.

Gear used is Oppo -105 to Transcendent Halo P5 via XLR, Blue Jeans cable to the ST-70 and Libtec cables to the Druids. Had to go through on screen set-up on the Oppo. Lowest value for low end cut of was 40Hz but I have to see if this can be totally defeated since I am running without my sub for now. You can see from the picture that I have a make shift room set-up in our unfinished basement. Listening area is 12' wide by unlimited long and the listening area is about 13' away. I found some panels my wife had for a display she had years ago that are covered in felt and fabric which I placed on the front wall to simulate a make shift room. Thought this would be better than the concrete walls. Floor is concrete and I have the Druids spaced up between 5/16" and 1/4".

Put in the Chesky Ultimate Demonstration disc. Moved the speakers around a bit and have them about 9' apart with roughly 26" off the sides and front wall. Initially had them straight but now are toed in about 15 degrees. Good soundstage and going through the demo disc I was able to hear most all of the effects that are discussed on the disc. The dynamics demos sound excellent especially the "transients" and "visceral impact" tracks. The holographic track was not as what I imagined but this is all due to the room and more messing around with placement is needed.

Then Ray Brown Trio which I use as a master when auditioning speakers, sounded awesome. Very nice bass and the Gene Harris piano jumped out at me. I am hoping that the OTL amp may be a bit quicker which I also expect from my comparisons of the ST-70 / OTL with my Klipsch Fortes. Also the bass should be improved a bit too.

Can really appreciate good recordings and prefer Blu-Ray audio discs which is now on my Christmas list!. Handel sounded wonderful and so did excerpts from Vivaldi. Vinyl is next on tap and then some Master vinyl I recorded on my Teac RTR. Last but not least will be I-tunes / cable box for Christmas background music.

Finish on these is gorgeous. I was afraid that with the amounts of cut / polished gloss layers they would appear "plastic" but this is not the case. Installed some PAR 50's on a made up trak system to show their sparkle.

Will continue with the burn in process but thus far, they are what I imagined and remember from Axpona. Any suggestions you have to the above is appreciated!!!
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 pm

pedrocols wrote:Post without pics are worthless..... Laughing

I finished my first mono block and took a few pics of the transformers painted with Harley black wrinkle engine paint before I powered the block up. Now onto the second one.

TM

M-125 Side photo DSCN0303_zps7a159858.jpg

M-125 Front photo DSCN0300_zps07d67c4f.jpg
    audiobill

Post by audiobill Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:37 am

Get your motor runnin' Cool
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:53 am

Morning from upper east tennessee

I have my first mono block hooked up to my old Kenwood KT-7300 tuner running in mono playing through an old speaker. Letting it play for a few hours before I button it up and place it in my system.

Happy days in tennesseeeeeeeee

TM
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:02 am

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear that your first M-125 is up and running well. I like that Harley black wrinkle engine paint on the transformers .. It really looks nice ...

Bob
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Bob Latino wrote:Hi Terry,

Glad to hear that your first M-125 is up and running well. I like that Harley black wrinkle engine paint on the transformers .. It really looks nice ...

Bob

Thanks Bob,

The kit went together nicely and without any problems. A testament of the quality of the material, instruction and step by step packing of the amp. I'll work on the second one in my leisure, I don't get in much of a hurry here, must be the laid back nature of us people living in the mountains of upper east tn... Laughing

TM
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Just to let ya'll know the second M-125 block is up and playing. After a few hours playing on my bench I'll integrate both M-125's into my system.

Merry Christmas and a Zappy New years

zappasanta photo fzsanta.jpg

zappaxmas photo xmas.jpg
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:50 am

Santa visited my house last night and left these!!!

photo Left_zpse066bd97.jpg

photo Right_zps1efd4793.jpg

Happy Holidays from Tennesseeeeeeeeeeee
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:17 am

I've had this double album for 20 years and never cut the wrapping off to open it. Now playing on my new M-125s, Frank never sounded so good.

Zappy New Years

frank zappa photo: Frank Zappa frankzappastrictlycommercial.jpg
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Nice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm