The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

RCA board PAS

Pillo69

RCA board PAS

Post by Pillo69 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:11 am

Has anyone tried to put RCA gold in the backboard?.

I've looked measures and space must be greater. Making a CAD drawing board must have 0.260 "more, and have to remove 2 screws from the center.

Anyone have a better idea?.

PeterCapo

Re: RCA board PAS

Post by PeterCapo on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:33 pm

When I made mine, I kept all the screws but reduced the number of RCA jacks from nine to seven per channel, that is, three in the smaller opening and four in the larger opening.

Actually, I don't see how removing any of the screws would be necessary even with nine per channel?

Pillo69

Post by Pillo69 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 am

The gold connectors have a larger diameter and retaining nuts are also higher. For placing the separation between connectors must be greater.

PeterCapo

Post by PeterCapo on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:42 pm

I can only say what worked for me without having to omit any screws and without any other problems with available space, using seven RCA jacks per channel.

I used #4 hardware, that is, #4-40 machine screws and matching #4 hex nuts to mount the I/O PCB to the inside back panel of the PAS.  

For the RCA jacks, I used this smaller kind: http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-gold-rca-jack-solder-type-with-nut-pair--090-278   I believe Velleman also makes RCA jacks this same, smaller size, part numbers CA056R and CA056B.

0.251" (6.375mm) holes in the I/O PCB for mounting the RCA jacks (not the space between holes)

0.125" (3.175mm) holes in the I/O PCB for the #4 screws

If you are using the larger style RCA jacks, then you may have space issues, as you have noted.  Or, if you require nine jacks per channel, then, yes, there may be a space issue.  Sorry if I could not be of more help.

If I recall, both Roy Mottram and Joe Curcio might offer I/O PCBs with nine jacks per channel? Perhaps you could make inquiries with them.

Pillo69

Post by Pillo69 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:15 pm

About the same as the link (Silver) RCA connectors are the ones I'm using. That size can be used if 9 units.
    I want to use 9 RCA terminals.
    Thank you for your help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:33 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 pm