1. I was looking at the Elekit TU879S single ended amp and Bob's Dynakit model 70. Since I am totally clueless, any thoughts on these two items? I would be listening to classical, vocals, blues (God I love the blues) some soft rock, no head banging stuff or metal.
2. With the Dynakit would I need a preamp and is that the only way the unit could be used?
3. Would the Dnyakit drive my 89 sensitivity Tannoys temporarily? I'm not totally getting this 1,2 or 3 watt lower powered tube thing I keep seeing elsewhere quite yet, sorry.
4. Can you recommend any books on basic electronics and amplifier building? Overall I want my first project to be a success and kit form for me is the way to go. I am looking at the Morgan Jones books on amp design and building.
5. Finally..is there a way to use a small subwoofer if I need it? I will be using a rather smallish 16x18 room...small in the sense that ceilings will be only 7 1/2 feet tall.
Thanks in advance, I'm having fun learning this end of things. I just seem to enjoy putting music on two speakers while it seems everything else is multiple speakers, bajillion watts per channel, digital overkill and big box retailers selling junk. A year ago I heard a Cary Audio tube amp with a pair of BW speakers and I almost died, the sound was so nice. Want to try to get some of that mojo without remortgaging the house. For the record, I am very happy with my Tannoy's and my amp/processor in two channel mode, musical, clean and well put together.