The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Where to buy MK3 kit

Mats.Bing

Where to buy MK3 kit

Post by Mats.Bing on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi everybody, my first post here.
    I'm looking into buying two MK3 kits, but there are many US-sites that sells them, and it's hard to know if there is any differences between them.
    I would greatly appreciate any input on where to buy, and what to look for.

These three links, are to sites I'm considering buying from:

tubes4hifi.com/MK3.htm
    triodeelectronics.com/trmk3tuampki.html
    dynakitparts.com/dynakit-products/amplifier-kits?product_id=210

As I'm a new member I'm not allowed to post actual links, so You'll have to copy paste.

Regards
    Mats

peterh

Re: Where to buy MK3 kit

Post by peterh on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Mats.Bing wrote:Hi everybody, my first post here.
    I'm looking into buying two MK3 kits, but there are many US-sites that sells them, and it's hard to know if there is any differences between them.

tubes4hifi.com/MK3.htm

As I'm a new member I'm not allowed to post actual links, so You'll have to copy paste.

Regards
    Mats

Hi Mats,
    whatever you get from US, give us ( non-us residents) a chance to add to your shipments as this
    will drastically reduce costs , shipping within sweden ( or most of EU ) is much cheaper then
    shipping from US.

I think i want a number of 522 transformers , the amount is not decided yet.

sKiZo

Post by sKiZo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:36 pm

... not sure how that would work as the kits tend to be packed quite tight ...

One thing I can attest to ... Bob's packaging could probably withstand a nuclear burst at ground zero, so I wouldn't expect int'l shipping to be an issue.

MarcVBelgium

Post by MarcVBelgium on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:28 am

Mats.Bing wrote:Hi everybody, my first post here.

tubes4hifi.com/MK3.htm

Regards
    Mats

Hi Mats,
    welcome to this forum. I'm almost a "neighbour", living in Belgium, the land of beer and chocolate.... :-)))

I have no experience with Triode Electronics, but I can recommend Dynakitparts and Tubes4hifi. They're the best.!!!

However, I do think your "partner" should be Dynakitparts, I see no MkIII kits with Tubes4hifi, they only sell their MkIII PCB's...

I have a ST-120 amp which I've built as a kit and I've refurbished 2 1960's MkIV amps, with great results, thanks to Kevin (Dynakitparts)
    and Bob.

You will enjoy their kits and if any problem occurs, they (Kevin, Bob and Roy) are a great help. No worries :-)))

and.... Skizo takes care of the humour .....lol......this is just a bunch of really great people.

All the best

Mats.Bing

Post by Mats.Bing on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:25 pm

I think if you scroll down on the MarkIII page on tubes4hifi page there is a bunch of options for MKIII kits, however they look exactly the same as on the Dynakitparts page, therefore I wonder If it's actually the same kits.
    I would like to go for the tubes4hifi kit, as my gut feeling says it's the one to go for.

/Mats

peterh

Post by peterh on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Mats,
    du har ett meddelande / you have a message

tubes4hifi
    Admin

Post by tubes4hifi on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 pm

the MK3 kits I sell are shipped directly from DynaKitParts, but we substitute the 50 year old Dynaco driver PCB with our new modern design VTA driver PCB,
    same one as used in the M125 monoblocks, with your choice of noval or octal tubes.

audiobill

Post by audiobill on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

As a point of interest, Sunn guitar amplifiers were created by mating a guitar preamp with a MK III power amp by Norm Sundholm for his son in the Kingsmen out of Seattle.

Their first effort was recorded by them on Louie, Louie, and we all know what hell broke loose after that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:14 am

Current date/time is Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 am