The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

She sings again!

dmtparker
    dmtparker

She sings again! Empty She sings again!

Post by dmtparker Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:58 pm

After a couple decades of sleep, my Dyna ST-70 sings again!
    This is an amp that I bought from a pawn shop in 1968. It powered up to 5 speakers (in a dyna 'surround' set up) in my dorm room all through college. It has survived a variety of mods and then was tucked away for years of neglect. Now, with a new VTA driver board, it is singing as beautiflly as ever. Right now I have a set of old EH EL-34's in her, but I have a new set of SHUGUANG tubes I'm itching to try after it has burned in long enough to be sure nothing will go amiss. At the moment, the ST-70 is being fed from an mp3 player via a B-1 buffer (Nelson Pass). It is playing into a pair of JBL L-100's. And of course, playing some vintage Elton John!
    Eventually, I'll try the SHUGUANGs and then maybe hook it up to my main system with a CD player driving my "Parker-gon" (that is the pic in my avatar - my interpretation of the JBL paragon featuring JBL LE-14s and L-85's with a solid cherry turned tractrix horn.)
    For now, I'm just enjoying having an old friend back. I love you

Last edited by dmtparker on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

She sings again! Empty Re: She sings again!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:16 pm

excellent news! Nothing like taking an old beauty out of mothballs and giving here a new turn in life!
    What tubes are you running in the VTA?
    Be inetersting to see how the Shuguang's will do......
    dmtparker
    dmtparker

Post by dmtparker Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am

MontanaWay wrote:excellent news! Nothing like taking an old beauty out of mothballs and giving here a new turn in life!
    What tubes are you running in the VTA?
    Be inetersting to see how the Shuguang's will do......
    I'm using the EH tubes I got with the kit. Shuguangs go in tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm