The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Spring Storms ... BLIP!

sKiZo
    sKiZo

Spring Storms ... BLIP! Empty Spring Storms ... BLIP!

Post by sKiZo Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Or more like BLIP! BLIP! BLIP! BLIP!

Some boomers moved thru here early today and the whole neighborhood flashed quickly several times before going out for a few minutes. Glad I invested in the NON-LATCHING gfci adapter for the tube stuff. That shut down on the first blip, and stayed that way till I manually reset it after all the commotion was over.

Just a friendly reminder ... it's that time of year. SAVE THE TUBES! That quick cycling without allowing the caps to drain properly can be a killer!

Still less than $20 ...

http://www.amazon.com/TRC-90033-Shockshield-Portable-Protection/dp/B000XVG72G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428527566&sr=8-4&keywords=gfci+adapter
    Gregg R.
    Gregg R.

Spring Storms ... BLIP! Empty Spring Storms ... BLIP!

Post by Gregg R. Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks sKiZ:

I just ordered mine, in yellow: its a little cheaper than white, and with free shipping. We get some real thunderboomers here in Minnesota!

I'll be sure to break it in for a full week before hooking up my VTA ST-70!! jocolor

Gregg R.
    Cubdriver
    Cubdriver

Spring Storms ... BLIP! Empty Re: Spring Storms ... BLIP!

Post by Cubdriver Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 am

Gregg, you should get it cryoed while you're at it...  Wink   I bet the yellow color makes the mids brighter and sunnier than the white one, too.  

-Pat

Sponsored content

Spring Storms ... BLIP! Empty Re: Spring Storms ... BLIP!

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am