The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products


    Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Share

    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by deepee99 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:52 am

    MontanaWay wrote:I'll come...if someone pays my airline ticket!!..just imagine all the wisdom and bull I can bring to such a meet!!!!!!!!!.. bounce ....should be fun!

    MontanaWay organized one last year, many said they'd come but only Roy showed up. Maybe if there actually were some XYLs on this board the logistics could be organized.

    wgallupe

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2014-05-18
    Age : 62
    Location : Central Mass.

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by wgallupe on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:49 pm

    MontanaWay wrote:I'll come...if someone pays my airline ticket!!..just imagine all the wisdom and bull I can bring to such a meet!!!!!!!!!.. bounce ....should be fun!

    Forget the 'wisdom and bull', just bring a couple of those sweet looking amps/preamps you've built!

    wgallupe

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2014-05-18
    Age : 62
    Location : Central Mass.

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by wgallupe on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 pm

    pedrocols wrote:I live in western mass and will also be interested in a get together!  I am a late audio fanatic boomer but I enjoy this hobby tremendously, nevertheless.

    Good to hear. Let's all stay connected and figure out how/when we can get together.

    Wayne

    wgallupe

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2014-05-18
    Age : 62
    Location : Central Mass.

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by wgallupe on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:37 pm

    deepee99 wrote:
    MontanaWay wrote:I'll come...if someone pays my airline ticket!!..just imagine all the wisdom and bull I can bring to such a meet!!!!!!!!!.. bounce ....should be fun!

    MontanaWay organized one last year, many said they'd come but only Roy showed up. Maybe if there actually were some XYLs on this board the logistics could be organized.

    Hey Dave, Hey MontanaWay,

    Well, everyone always has good intentions but when it actually comes time to pull the trigger... Human nature I guess.

    BTW, what's an XYL Embarassed

    Wayne

    jasn54

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2015-04-13

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by jasn54 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 pm

    As I said, my summer weekends look pretty tough to match up with.  I agree we should keep in touch and maybe this Sept I'll have y'all over to give my gear a listen.  We'll' figure out a way to get you way out here to Northboro Kentley... Smile

    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by deepee99 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:37 pm

    wgallupe wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:
    MontanaWay wrote:I'll come...if someone pays my airline ticket!!..just imagine all the wisdom and bull I can bring to such a meet!!!!!!!!!.. bounce ....should be fun!

    MontanaWay organized one last year, many said they'd come but only Roy showed up. Maybe if there actually were some XYLs on this board the logistics could be organized.

    Hey Dave, Hey MontanaWay,

    Well, everyone always has good intentions but when it actually comes time to pull the trigger... Human nature I guess.

    BTW, what's an XYL Embarassed

    Wayne

    Wayne, "XYL" is the ham radio operator's term for wife. It means "ex-young-lady." Some hams also still use OL (Old Lady) in that context, but they do not enjoy long lives themselves, if she catches on to a bit of Morse slang.

    Kentley

    Posts : 300
    Join date : 2015-03-06
    Age : 64
    Location : Worcester, MA

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by Kentley on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:42 pm

    jasn54 wrote:As I said, my summer weekends look pretty tough to match up with.  I agree we should keep in touch and maybe this Sept I'll have y'all over to give my gear a listen.  We'll' figure out a way to get you way out here to Northboro Kentley... Smile


    You are too kind, sir. sunny

    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by deepee99 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:50 pm

    Kentley wrote:
    jasn54 wrote:As I said, my summer weekends look pretty tough to match up with.  I agree we should keep in touch and maybe this Sept I'll have y'all over to give my gear a listen.  We'll' figure out a way to get you way out here to Northboro Kentley... Smile
     

    You are too kind, sir.  sunny

    I'd be pleased to put up any of the curious wanting a listen to Holgerized M-125s through family-sized Tyler Decades, SP-13 pre-amp and PH-16 phono preamp. We have a sofa and a spare bedroom. Free food if you can find Idaho on a map.

    jasn54

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2015-04-13

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by jasn54 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:53 pm

    I have to confess to not knowing about your speakers deep so I googled them.  Yikes...them's some big babies you got there.  They must play quite nicely with the rest of your rig.

    jasn54

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2015-04-13

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by jasn54 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:45 am

    Reading the local T&G this morning I came across this obituary for Bob Stewart, who apparently owned and operated the High Fidelity House in Worcester. I didn't know Bob or ever visit his store, but since all the local hifi shops came up in earlier posts and thought some of you might like to know.

    RIP sir...

    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/telegram/obituary.aspx?n=robert-l-stewart-bob&pid=175101827&fhid=30544

    Bob Latino
    Admin

    Posts : 2378
    Join date : 2008-11-26
    Location : Massachusetts

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by Bob Latino on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 am

    jasn54 wrote:Reading the local T&G this morning I came across this obituary for Bob Stewart, who apparently owned and operated the High Fidelity House in Worcester.  I didn't know Bob or ever visit his store, but since all the local hifi shops came up in earlier posts and thought some of you might like to know.

    RIP sir...

    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/telegram/obituary.aspx?n=robert-l-stewart-bob&pid=175101827&fhid=30544

    Back in the 1960's and 1970's I use to stop in sometimes at the High Fidelity House and talk to Bob Stewart. The High Fidelity House was on the east side of Park Ave in Worcester near Pleasant St. Bob could be cantankerous, opinionated and wasn't what I would call a good conversationalist. He did, however, know his Hi-Fi. Sorry to hear of his passing ..

    Bob

    tubenutr

    Posts : 61
    Join date : 2015-01-25
    Age : 59
    Location : Northern Ontario

    Great thread

    Post by tubenutr on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 am

    Must be great to live near the designer of you your preamps/amps.
    I'm up here in the Great White North and as far as I know there aren't
    bottleheads in the area.
    I did the SS piece of the month with no satisfaction at all.
    So I got rid of all of it and went to HT. Even less satisfying
    so I dug up some Dynas I purchased back in the early 80's for
    next to nothing.
    Did Roy's pre and power amps boards and have enjoyed music on a level I
    never thought I would.
    I have still another PAS2 and ST70 waiting to be Mottramed and Holgerized
    one these days.
    Thank God for the Internet or I never would have discovered the bloody audio
    genius' who don't created OTC musical instruments.
    Just my humble opinion, but damn music has never sounded so good, even the
    less than perfect perfect recordings.
    Glow in the dark folks, its the kick at the can for believers.

    Mike

    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by deepee99 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:50 am

    Mike,
    It's a bit south of you, but there are some serious bottle-heads in the Toronto area.

    jasn54

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2015-04-13

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by jasn54 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 pm



    Pretty pleased with how well my refinished basement came out, no less how dang good my new ST-120 sounds. Will need to get the locals over this fall...

    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Pic(s) didn't come thru

    Post by deepee99 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:51 pm

    Hey Jasn, could you post a hyperlink to your system. Don't feel bad; I've never got the hang of posting photos here...

    jasn54

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2015-04-13

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by jasn54 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:12 pm

    deepee99 wrote:Hey Jasn, could you post a hyperlink to your system. Don't feel bad; I've never got the hang of posting photos here...

    Whoa DP, you can't see the photo? Huh...

    Does this work? https://goo.gl/photos/tQ43zMvThbC3vnfq8


    deepee99

    Posts : 1260
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Location : Wallace, Idaho

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by deepee99 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:41 pm

    jasn54 wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:Hey Jasn, could you post a hyperlink to your system. Don't feel bad; I've never got the hang of posting photos here...

    Whoa DP, you can't see the photo?  Huh...

    Does this work?  https://goo.gl/photos/tQ43zMvThbC3vnfq8


    Clear as a bell on the hyperlink. My computer and photobucket seem to have issues; perhaps it was in a prior marriage. I can see Bob's pictures and sKiZo's photoshop masterpieces just fine.
    Very, very sweet looking system! Now, you just need some more tubes in that rack!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Another Very Satisfied ST-120 Builder/Owner

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:14 am


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:14 am