The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left

GP49

Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left - Page 2 Empty Re: Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left

Post by GP49 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:25 pm

You may wish to post the image to a hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket.

Those who are not members of Facebook (I do not wish to join ANY such social networking sites) can't see your photo.
    xlr8

Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left - Page 2 Empty Re: Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left

Post by xlr8 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Sorry about that. It was the quickest thing I could think of.

I have to go out of town for work and have left my amp in the hands of a good friend while I'm gone. He knows much more about this than I do. Actually, he was the one that encouraged me to dive into one of these amps before I ever purchased the 2 I have now. If he figures out what's wrong before I get back, I will surely let you all know.
    xlr8

Post by xlr8 Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:59 pm

update:

Turns out, capacitor C-2 was the culprit. Replaced that cap and the amp sounds great! The problem amp is now driving a pair of maggie mg3a ribbon tweeters and it's brother is driving a line array of 12 5.25 inch units.

Thank you folks very much for your patience and advice. I will not complain one bit about a bad cap coming in one of my amps because the troubleshooting experience has been invaluable. I should have bought a cap tester before I started! Embarassed
    tubenutr
    tubenutr

Right channel does not sound nearly as loud as the left - Page 2 Empty VTA 70 hum

Post by tubenutr Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:27 pm

I thought I had seen this discussed before, but can't find it.

My '70 has developed a hum on both channels. With an ear about 6 to 8 inches away its very noticeable.

Can anyone help point me in the correct direction?

PS - Nothing has been changed, tubes, power bar, etc..................

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:43 pm

If this is a stock ST-70, it is possible that the quad cap might need to be replaced ..

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm