The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Optimum Resistor specs for ST-70?

Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

Optimum Resistor specs for ST-70? Empty Optimum Resistor specs for ST-70?

Post by Doctor Hugocat Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:27 am

Hey All -

Apologies if this is a foolish question, but I'm about to order the resistors for my ST-70 project and I just realized that I don't know the specs I should be buying....1w or 1/2w? and the tolerance: 1%? 2%?

I checked the parts list in the assembly manual, but since the parts were included in the it, they don't mention these specs: and I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks for any advice! Very Happy

Optimum Resistor specs for ST-70? Empty Re: Optimum Resistor specs for ST-70?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

Post by Doctor Hugocat Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks Peter - Much appreciated.

I should have said (but of course I forgot) - I'm going to buy a VTA driver board for the amp, so I'm only looking for resistors for the rest of the project. I'll go to the schematic and have a look to see if the non-PCB resistors are marked.

study
    Tubes4ever
    Tubes4ever

Post by Tubes4ever Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Just buy 2 watt 5% resistors. They are cheap and you'll be sure to not be undersized.
    Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

Post by Doctor Hugocat Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Tubes4ever wrote:Just buy 2 watt 5% resistors.  They are cheap and you'll be sure to not be undersized.

Awesome, thanks Tubes4ever! I'll do exactly that. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am