The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

need help, audio dimensions modified pas, need any schematic, manual, information..

edward webster

need help,  audio dimensions modified pas,  need any schematic, manual, information.. Empty need help, audio dimensions modified pas, need any schematic, manual, information..

Post by edward webster Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 pm

recently bought on ebay, audio dimensions modified pas. everything works. after cleaning, especially going over circuit board traces with q tips and lighter fluid, sound dramatically improved. as to caps, theyre all mostly sprague. big orange drops 600v. where do i start with this preamp, it sounds cold and boxy. on my st-70 im using solens. i like them. the p.s electrolytics are huge plus the multisection cap is still used under the selenium rectifier bracket are 2 sprague,similar to originals. so thats 4 caps plus the quad filter cap...............the board caps are a mix of different brands. they are all hard to read. need a schematic or part list or manual if someone has any. again, help prioitizing what to do first......just want a warmer sound, thanks for any info. ED.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

need help,  audio dimensions modified pas,  need any schematic, manual, information.. Empty Re: need help, audio dimensions modified pas, need any schematic, manual, information..

Post by Bob Latino Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:51 am

You can get the original Dynaco PAS preamp manuals from the Tubes4hifi web site at the links below. The PAS-3X just has slightly different tone controls than the PAS-2/3. The PAS-3 is the same as the PAS-2 but has the more modern champagne face plate.

PAS2/3 manual

PAS-3X manual

Also > If you need help with your PAS preamp, I would recommend contacting Holger at Tube Nirvana. Check out his PAS preamp modification page at the link below.

Tube Nirvana PAS preamp page

Bob

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am