The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all products and all products

new member.

new member.

Post by bulbo on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm

i finally was able to buy all the parts to assemble my ST-70. it took me almost a year to do it, but hopefully I'll be tubing by Thanksgiving day.
    i do have a question though, what kind or brand of capacitors can I use to ground the brown/yellow & green/yellow wires coming from the power transformer?
    i know they are 0.02mfd,  and I order a pair from Dynakit, but I have seen pictures where those capacitors are different in shape and in color(yellow).
    can somebody help me with this?

Bob Latino

Re: new member.

Post by Bob Latino on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Any .022 capacitor 50 volts or higher will work fine .. Those caps only look at 3 to 4 volts AC ..

Post by kaner on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build! You will find that this is the place to ask any question, good or bad, and have a bunch of members do their best to help you out.

Keep us posted on your build. We all remember when we were doing the same thing. We also remember how rewarding it was when we threw the switch and the magic of tube amplified music filled the room.

Good Luck & Welcome,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:34 pm

Current date/time is Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 pm