The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

New member and proud owner 70A

crashb4
    crashb4

New member and proud owner 70A Empty New member and proud owner 70A

Post by crashb4 Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 pm

Greetings all,
    New member here. Be gentle. I just received my ST-70A that I have been coveting for some time. The unit is in overall good condition and I got a heck of a deal on it. I am in the process of conducting an inventory on it and came across a toasted resister 15.6 on V7 leg 1 to ground. There was sufficient heat to discolor the adjacent wire.

The same resister at V2 leg 8 to ground looks fine.

I’m a long time reader, but new member so I will post pics after the 7 days. I am told that this unit was removed from service and shipped. Any insight to the cause or what to look for?

New member and proud owner 70A Empty Re: New member and proud owner 70A

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crashb4
    crashb4

Post by crashb4 Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Peter,
    Thanks for your reply. I don't want to apply any voltage to a piece of equipment with an obvious fault. I will begin measuring components with special attention to the bias circuit. This is my first tube amp and I don't want to make a mistake in haste. I am aware of the need for safety with the voltages present, but appreciate the reminder.
    Thanks again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am