Here is back of baffle panel with woofer cutouts chamfered before assembly. (Note: left extra material at screw locations for driver mounting strength) Debated this as one can make full driver cutouts before assembly and if things go wrong simply cut a new panel. Opted to do full assembly and veneer before making driver cutouts to make side panel fitting more accurate.
I'm lucky enough to own a Festool Domino joiner tool - makes hand held mortise and tenon joints. Super accurate and makes assembly easy and strong. This is a close up of a mortise cut and the matching tenon
Clamp time! Took my time and in this shot am only gluing bottom joints of the three braces on right side of cabinet (see wet glue "squeeze out" while two joints on left are already dry) Panel on top is dry fit and aligned with Dominos - this keeps assembly really true. Highly recommend the big Cabinet clamps with large faces - these keep things square as well.
I could have gone for one single shot and glued it all at once, but MDF drinks glue and sometimes the tenons bind up in drying glue and everything gets stuck where one does not want it - been there, not pretty and this is for fun, no need to rush.
Test fit black MDF side panels after veneering main cabinet frame. Painter's tape on corners to save inadvertent snagging and splintering the veneer
Flush trim side panels. Nasty clouds of black MDF!!
I cut panels slightly oversize and used the Domino tool to align front edge of panels and baffles. Next ran flush trim bit around top, bottom and back edges. If I had pre-cut the driver holes holding router steady would be more difficult
Gratuitous shot of Domino tool:
Test fitting of drivers in newly made cutouts. Full paranoia when making the cuts as mistake now will ruin quite a bit of work and some expensive materials. Threw down $30 for a budget 8" Harbor Freight digital caliper to measure test cuts (there were many tests for each driver!!!) Money well spent as I tried to hold tolerances to +/- 0.25mm.
Very happy with results on front. Slightly mucked up the binding plate holes on back, but no one will see them.
Now it's on to a week or two of tedious finishing. I've found taking the time to get finish right is worth it in long run. Making lots of test applications to scrap pieces before slopping on a coat of something.