The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

It Ain't Nohow Dynaco - But...

Peter W.

It Ain't Nohow Dynaco - But...

Post by Peter W. on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:05 am

https://www.radiolaguy.com/images/audio/Scott_LK-150-a.jpg  (NOT MINE - with thanks to the Radiola Guy)

I was lucky enough to acquire one of these beasts about 12 years ago in trade for an NIB Grundig Satellit 700 I acquired overseas. Over the years since receipt, it has developed a very low 60-Hz hum. So, I am starting to rebuild the power-supply including all filter caps and the diodes.

Should be an interesting project. This was a kit amp, contemporary to the ST70, but more of a brute-force device at a rated 75 wpc/rms through two KT88s (6550s) per. I have NOS/NIB GE tubes that I have matched reasonably closely into pairs, so once done, it should be a very nice amp. I am also considering the potential of adding a choke - the power-supply is crying out for this - but space is severely limited both under and above the chassis. We shall see.

I welcome any thoughts or suggestions, the schematic is on HiFi engine as well as other sources. But, a picture is here:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/SamCogley/Random%20Audio%20Stuff/LK-150_Nov62revisionschematic_zpsbabc6a37.jpg

Bob Latino
    Admin

Re: It Ain't Nohow Dynaco - But...

Post by Bob Latino on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:01 am

This is a Dynaco tube based forum and I would normally to tell you to join the Scott forum and delete your post BUT > the Scott forum link that I had here shows that the Scott forum is not active anymore. Check out this web page below for links to help on Scott gear ...

Scott tube audio links

You might do better to post your inquiry regarding Scott tube gear on the Audioasylum's Vintage forum at the link below.

Audioasylum Vintage forum

Bob

Peter W.

Post by Peter W. on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:30 am

All true - but on occasion, it is interesting to look at Dynaco's contemporaries. How much they shared and how much they avoided sharing. Of note in this case:

Dynaco and Scott both favored the 7199, and also the 5AR4 over other brands' choices. There is a lot more, of course....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:48 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am