The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Jumper cables

bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Jumper cables Empty Jumper cables

Post by bluemeanies Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:43 pm

I am using STOCKED jumper cables I received with my B&W803diamonds since I am using the 803 for 2applications HT& 2channel.
    My question is I read that many people invest in quality jumper cables....even silver so I am asking if there is anyone here using jumper cables that has experienced a difference if they upgraded.
    If that is the case...recommendations please.
    Thanks
    Blue
    corndog71
    corndog71

Jumper cables Empty Re: Jumper cables

Post by corndog71 Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 pm

I really don't think that's necessary however it's your choice. Use a nice, thick piece of copper wire. Or silver wire if you have some but really, this is a shallow rabbit hole and it's not worth spending money on this.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I use silver jumpers but think gauge is a more important consideration, even though most jumpers are a very short run. I would keep it consistent with your main speaker cables.
    Dogstar

Post by Dogstar Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 am

My first thought when I saw the thread title were for cables to start you car or amp. I refuse to pay high prices for cables I can get at AutoZone for a reasonable price.
    skriefal
    skriefal

Post by skriefal Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:34 am

Jumper cables are usually 1 foot or less in length.  I do suggest avoiding CCA (copper-clad aluminum) speaker wire - which is mostly what you'll find at local non-stereo stores.  But otherwise just about any copper speaker wire will do.  The appropriate connectors (spade, banana, bare) will of course make set-up easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:23 am