The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

My First Dynaco Encounter

Spreadcom

My First Dynaco Encounter Empty My First Dynaco Encounter

Post by Spreadcom Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 am

My First Dynaco Encounter Chassis
    My First Dynaco Encounter Vtast70

My home stereo was seriously lacking. In fact it lacked a turntable, vinyl, an amplifier, and speakers. Then I stumbled into the wonderful world of Dynaco. And... Mr. Bob Latino. I ordered his VTA ST-70 kit, spent a few days fabricating a custom chassis from copper and oak, and then enjoyed every step of the well laid out instructions. I couldn't be happier with the results. I scoured Craigslist and came up with a pair of Klipsch Quartets and a nice vintage Technics manual turntable. Now I'm no purist, so I don't mind admitting that I also added a 10 band graphic EQ (c'mon, it's only to compensate for room acoustics - honest!) and a 12" powered sub I had laying around. Boy, what a sound. Sweet vinyl sings again!

Last edited by Spreadcom on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Oldtube likes this post

wgallupe
    wgallupe

My First Dynaco Encounter Empty Re: My First Dynaco Encounter

Post by wgallupe Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 am

Nice looking! Well done!
    Dogstar

Post by Dogstar Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:25 am

It looks very good with the copper plate. There are very few builds that I like with the wooden frame chassis but yours looks very nice.
    Spreadcom

Post by Spreadcom Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Well, thanks! I had as much fun making the chassis as I did building the amplifier kit. Working with copper plate was a new experience, one that I hope to explore again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 am