The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Ratio of kits to prewired amps?

eickmewg

Ratio of kits to prewired amps? Empty Ratio of kits to prewired amps?

Post by eickmewg Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:16 am

Boh, I am wondering what the ratio is of kits vs. prewired ST70's, ST120's, and M125's? The ST120 review text implied the prewired units exceed the kits by a reasonable margin. I really enjoyed building my ST120 but I understand that there could be many folks who might want completed amps.

Bill
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Ratio of kits to prewired amps? Empty Re: Ratio of kits to prewired amps?

Post by Bob Latino Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:35 am

eickmewg wrote:Boh, I am wondering what the ratio is of kits vs. prewired ST70's, ST120's, and M125's?  The ST120 review text implied the prewired units exceed the kits by a reasonable margin.  I really enjoyed building my ST120 but I understand that there could be many folks who might want completed amps.

Bill

Bill - There are few errors in that review but one of them is that the reviewer mentioned about more wired amps being sold than kit amps. This is not true .. More kit amps are sold by a ratio of maybe 4 to 1. For every 100 amps sold maybe 80 are sold as kits and 20 are sold as wired amps.

In all fairness to the reviewer, he ran the printed text by me twice to look for errors and I never picked up on this item of wired amps vs. kit amps ..

Another error is stated right at the beginning of the article when it is stated >"The Vacuum Tube Audio (VTA) company is the brainchild of Mr. Bob Latino (power amplifiers) and Mr. Roy Mottram (preamplifiers)." The fact is that the VTA company is TOTALLY the "brainchild" of Roy and not me. Roy started his company in the 1980's .. I started selling the VTA amp kits off Roy's web site in 2007. Roy should have total credit for realizing that there was a market for upgrading original Dynaco tube gear and creating the Tubes4hifi web site ..

Bob
    McGar

Post by McGar Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:05 am

I enjoyed the review and just want to applaud both of you for your hard work in keeping this wonderful piece of audio equipment alive.  Roy sold me a VTA upgrade board for my garage sale 1960 ST70, and the tips on this board helped me build and install it.  It never fails to amaze me and give me joy.  On this fine, cold Sunday morning it has been pumping out the Beach Boys, Mott the Hoople, Bowie, Johnny Cash, and Linda Rondstadt.  

Now, for my next project, I have some EPI 100s to start restoring. . .
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah. Bob's just the pretty face. Think of him as the David Hasselhoff of the pair ...

BIFF!!
    (owwwww)

Thanx ... I needed that! clown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am