The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

PAS-3 12 VDC Filament Connections

erikvs1

PAS-3 12 VDC Filament Connections

Post by erikvs1 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Can anyone tell me the exact pin-out connections for the 12AX7's DC heater voltages on the PAS-3?
    My PAS-3 seems to use only pin 5 (with pin 4 grounded and pin 9 not connected) on PC-6. One tube uses 12VDC positive and the other negative voltage.
    On PC-5, both pins 4 and 9 seem to be not connected to anything, with only pin 5 used for positive and negative voltage on alternate tubes. Is this correct?
    I'd appreciate any help you could give me.....a diagram or just an explanation would probably do - before I go and cook something that I don't want to.

Also, does anyone know how to wire up 12AX7's in a guitar preamp using ~6VDC. I can't figure it out and I can't find anything on that subject online... eg. what connections do you make for pins 4, 5 and 9.
    Do you have positive and negative voltages on the same tube ?
    Thanks.

tubes4hifi
    Admin

PAS3 tube filaments

Post by tubes4hifi on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 am

here's an enhanced diagram of the power supply for the PAS3 if I can get it to post
    . . . .can't get it posted, email me
    info@tubes4hifi.com
    the PAS3 filaments run series connected to 24v, on the PC6 the 24v is connected to PCB pins 14 & 15, on the PC5 the 24v is connected to PCB pins 18 & 19.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm