The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Room influence /Dreaded Cube ?

scottlowe76

Room  influence /Dreaded Cube ? Empty Room influence /Dreaded Cube ?

Post by scottlowe76 Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi , I am sitting in a room that is 11'8" X 11' 10" X 92" high . One 11'8" wall is only 5' 6" long . So I,m in a box with 3 1/2 walls . I truly need a bit of advise . Had same equipment in bigger room . and yes smaller too. I have to turn the bass all the way down . I once heard of a big bump around 160 cycles that mess's up the mid range due to the cube . standing waves . . . It sounded so much better in the job RV I was in . I need a cheap way to address this. I am sure knocking out the half wall would work . the room would then be aprox 12 X 19 . I have little to offer but kind thx.
    Kentley
    Kentley

Room  influence /Dreaded Cube ? Empty Re: Room influence /Dreaded Cube ?

Post by Kentley Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 pm

First, Scott, you should probably relocate this post to the Forum Basket, as this is where only those members interested in photos go, as a rule.

I have a couple of ideas for you, but before I share them, I'd like to know what the floor and walls are made of, and whether this room is furnished at all or empty. Does it double as space for any other purpose?

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 am