The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+8
Dave_in_Va
jfine
Dogstar
Ernstmach
corndog71
peterh
arledgsc
deepee99
12 posters

Why Vinyl's Boom Is Over

Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Why Vinyl's Boom Is Over - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Vinyl's Boom Is Over

Post by Dave_in_Va Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:51 am

What is the Hoffman forum?

My main concern with LPs is about counterfeit needle drop reissues from Europe. Most of the records I buy are ones that I missed in 1968-1974 and many are available as questionable reissues (usually) from Europe. I found that Akarma is infamous for this practice.
    I paid big bucks (incl. postage to the USA) for reissues of the two Dr. Strangely Strange LPs and they turned out to be unauthorized needle drops. Ditto the first time I bought a mono re-ish of the Tomorrow LP.
    jfine
    jfine

Post by jfine Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Dave_in_Va wrote:What is the Hoffman forum?

My main concern with LPs is about counterfeit needle drop reissues from Europe. Most of the records I buy are ones that I missed in 1968-1974 and many are available as questionable reissues (usually) from Europe. I found that Akarma is infamous for this practice.
    I paid big bucks (incl. postage to the USA) for reissues of the two Dr. Strangely Strange LPs and they turned out to be unauthorized needle drops. Ditto the first time I bought a mono re-ish of the Tomorrow LP.

Example:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/dr-strangely-strange-kip-of-the-serenes-lp.385610/

Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Post by Dave_in_Va Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks. That's the ticket!
    I'll be spending a lot of time on this site.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:28 pm

jfine wrote:
    Dave_in_Va wrote:What is the Hoffman forum?

Example:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/dr-strangely-strange-kip-of-the-serenes-lp.385610/

Yeah, good site.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm