The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+6
deepee99
Peter W.
arledgsc
j beede
cci1492
Dingojazz
10 posters

Hey wise persons...-Question: -(Resolved)

cci1492
    cci1492

Hey wise persons...-Question: -(Resolved) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey wise persons...-Question: -(Resolved)

Post by cci1492 Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Good point, but it was the amp, not a bad cable, dimmer in the house, ground loop..etc. With this amp it would have been enough to just short out the selected input.
    j beede
    j beede

Hey wise persons...-Question: -(Resolved) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey wise persons...-Question: -(Resolved)

Post by j beede Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 pm

tubes4hifi wrote:it's amazing to me that the few times that people have hum and think it's the preamp, many times it turns out to be a flakey interconnect.
    They look OK, and sometimes even work OK because you're swapping things around and maybe the bad connection goes good.
    BUT, don't always assume it's the equipment . . . this is the 3rd or 4th time this year I've heard of customers with flakey interconnects causing hum !

The electrons in my neighborhood are well aware of which end of the interconnect is grounded and which end is floating--or if both ends are grounded like the gray vinyl ones that came in the box with your DVD player. Perhaps the electrons in other villages are less aware.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 am

Perhaps your electrons are the product of illicit and unholy relations between protons and Maxwell's Demons?  If so, I would be afraid. Very Afraid!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm