The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll

Sergio
    Sergio

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll Empty Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll

Post by Sergio Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:29 am

Dear friends,

I have the opportunity to buy a Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll
    The price would be 800 dollars.
    Could you recommend me if it's worth your purchase.
    I do not see references of the quality of these devices.
    I thank you very much for your help
    peterh
    peterh

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll Empty Re: Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll

Post by peterh Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:27 am

Sergio wrote:Dear friends,

I have the opportunity to buy a Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll
    The price would be 800 dollars.
    Could you recommend me if it's worth your purchase.
    I do not see references of the quality of these devices.
    I thank you very much for your help

Y E S ! !
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll Empty Re: Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll

Post by Bob Latino Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:36 am

The only problem I see with the purchase of either or both units is that AFAIK there are no boards available for either unit should you need to replace a board ? There is no aftermarket support for either the PAS-3 or ST-70 Series II. The PAS-3 series II was a transitional model from the early '90's put out by Panor. Later in the 1990's, Panor came out with the PAS-4 which is a very well made unit and better sounding than any PAS-3. A few years ago I had the opportunity to work on a PAS-4 for a local customer. Well made and a good sounding preamp for its day. The PAS-3 Series II had six 12AX7 tubes rather than four 12AX7 tubes like the original PAS-2/3. PAS-3 Series II schematic below ..

Bob

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll Dynaco_PAS3_Series_II_schematic
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:30 pm

The circuitry can be repaired/updated. There is not too much that can be done about the cosmetics. If they are original, complete, stock, and look very good I would probably be a buyer.
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

Dynaco st 70 series ll and pas 3 series ll Empty PAS 3 Series II

Post by DynakitParts Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Guys,
    Merry Christmas....

Finding a replacement circuit board mounted power transformer for this Series II preamp will be very difficult and this appears to be a common problem with this specific unit.

Just my two cents on this....I agree with Bob that the PAS 4 is the more desirable unit.

Regards,

Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am